This is an exciting moment!! I just realized that my calves (at 15 inches at the biggest spot) are small enough that I can buy normal boots!! No extended calf, no stretchy-material -- normal, leather boots in a regular size!! I don't know if I've ever had a pair of high boots that fit that description. To celebrate, I am thinking about buying the above ones in black from Garnet Hill. YAY! I hope they actually fit when I get them home.
With 63 pounds down, my calves are now 1.5 inches smaller then they were when I first started. (Newbies, take your measurements and before photos -- I say it all the time, but I can't stress enough how nice it is to be able to track this kind of stuff!) :)

13 comments:
Catherine - this has been a sore spot for me for the past few years - since I started gaining weight. I love boots!! Nithing better than a knee length skirt and boots, but wide calf boots are often cheesy and horribly made. I was actually looking at the Garnet Hill catalogue that came yesterday and was drooling over some of the boots that I knew would never zip up. If you (or anyone else) has any thoughts let me know!! And, most importantly, YAY for Catherine!!
Ilana -- J. Crew has some good extended calf boots. I got mine there last year and they are really cute!
Catherine ~ I had to get out rubber bands and hook them together to measure on a ruler my calf and I found I have a little over 2 inches to shave off the calves for "real boots"!! It's a slow day @ work and I have no tape measure LOL! Thanks for the boot 411! ;-)
ooohh! I can't wait for this NSV myself!
And here I thought I was the only person in the world who couldn't fit into boots... I haven't even attempted yet - but something to look forward too!!! Thanks for the reminders!
oooooooooooo, I Love those black ones! I wonder if I could fit into some knee boots, I shall go and find some now. LOL
thats a great heel on those boots. it looks really sharp and its equally comfortable.
Yay! Those are AWESOME!!! I don't think I will ever be able to wear boots like that. When I was younger (and a whopping 130 pounds), I couldn't find horse riding boots to fit my calves because they are so large.
I can't wait to see them on! :)
I love those boots - they are just delectable. Congrats on reaching such a huge milestone. Like every girl on the planet I lurrrrve boots also and can't wait till I can afford another great pair. (I need some new ones too, mine have finally bitten the dust.. dammit! lol.)
Lucky you.
Ninety pounds down and a BMI barely over 20, regular gym attendance and I still have calves of 15 inches. Sigh sigh sigh.
My thighs are only 17.5 inches.
I guess it is the genetic luck of the draw, but I hate my lower legs.
(wouldn't anyone?)
Love your boots, but would never wear them. Glad for you that you can, though!
Hx
PS if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am: 43 inch bust; 36 inch waist, 33 inch hips, and 17.5 inch thighs.
And my BMI (I am 5 ft 7) is 20.8.
At nine stone seven ( 133 pounds) I am not technically overweight.
But hey, 43, 36, 33 are not measurements to be proud of.
Sorry Catherine, to hijack your blog looking for help - but I do need it.
You are doing so well, and although heavier than me, look miles better. What am I doing wrong? Or am I just unlucky?
Hx
NICE, NICE, NICE!!! I am waiting for the day! Please post pics!! I again have to thank you for sharing your journey. I have other blogs but for some reason I was not brave enough to blog about this aspect of my life or journey but I really feel like I can relate to you & your story being a 30 something attorney, native New Yorker, Fashionista, I love to travel too, having loving and supportive parents, etc. and losing weight has been one goal I have not been able to achieve and make it stick that is. The band is a great tool for all its ups and downs but thanks so much for sharing!!
That is awesome!!! I would give anything to be able to wear a pair of boots and be able to zip them up. One day, I will! :-)
Post a Comment