Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still Plateaued, but NSV

I'm still stuck at the same weight. . but at least the scale isn't moving up! I noticed an NSV this morning. . . it is a lot easier to get out of the tub these days! Not that it was difficult before (it was fine), but I'm both a lot lighter and my arms are a lot stronger. Just a random thing that I noticed when I was getting ready! (I am a big fan of taking baths, even in the morning.)

How great would it be to have a tub like this?!

10 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Love that tub! Funny the little things you start noticing...

Sarah said...

That is a great NSV! I'm noticing more little things too... so interesting, these observations we have!

Anonymous said...

It is so funny that you wrote this today, I got out of my bubble bath last night and noticed it was alot more graceful than normal..and this after 20lbs! I cannot imagine what it will be like when I am at goal! Congrats on your NSV!

Colls said...

Um, that tub is amazing. I used to take baths at least three times a week. It has been about two years since my last one :( My tiny bathroom has a super small tub. It's not like the really small and short ones that you find in the city, but it is not comfy at all. Of course maybe as I continue to lose weight it will be easier for me to fit in it comfortably. We are moving in March and my priority is the kitchen and the bathroom!

seckert08 said...

I'm jealous.....I miss my baths! Used to take one every night before Bekah was born........9 years ago! Now I'm lucky to get a shower even though we have an incredible clawfoot tub in our bathroom now.

Way to go! I think it's important to notice the "small" (maybe to others insignificant) things. They can be just the boost you need!

THE DASH! said...

Bummer about the scales not moving, Catherine. That said: cool NSV.
I must be one of those rare people who isn't that big on baths (though if I had one like that in the picture, I might change my mind lol). Probably comes from having four little sprogletts and not enough to just kick back and relax. I'm a shower girl all the way.

momma2fi said...

I love how the tub looks like an egg shell. I could see myself feeling like a little chick-a-dee in that - safe and sound!

Catherine55 said...

I am laughing so hard. . one of my bandster friends e-mailed me "Congrats on being able to get out of the tub! ;)" Too funny!

Hey . . I could get out just fine before. . but now I fling myself out like a feather on springs!! Oh yeah! (OK, maybe not exactly like that. . but you get the idea!)

Catherine

Janet said...

Hi Catherine: I'm two days post-op with my band and I just wanted to tell you how much your blog has meant to me over the past couple of weeks. I followed a link from LapBand discussion and was thrilled to read how you've managed since your surgery. I too am a big fan of good food and wine, so I was terrified that I would have to give up all the things I love. You have helped me to understand that isn't the case at all. With your words as inspiration, I went into surgery confident and excited. I even started my own blog to share this journey, just as you have. Thanks, Janet

wannabthinagain said...

LOVE the tub!!
unfortunately the closer to goal, it seems the longer the plateau seems to be!!

You are doing great and look fabulous! and being at a plateau is better than gaining!!