Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day on Fire Island!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Steve and I were out on Fire Island over the weekend with a few friends and got back last night. The weather was supposed to be pretty dodgy, but we lucked out and the sun came out for us a bit!



This weekend, I experienced a pretty huge NSV.... I wore my first -- ever -- string bikini. And, thanks in no small part to my adorable boyfriend, who pretty much didn't stop talking about how much he liked it from the time I put it on until the time I took it off, I felt pretty fantastic in it! (Er, not so fantastic that I didn't crop this photo so that my thighs wouldn't be on display on the Internet, but pretty darned fantastic anyway!)

She wore an itsy bitsy teeny weeny lime green Lily P bikini....


The cutest fire engine in the world...

Steve, playing guitar, and Marjorie sings along
It was a really wonderful weekend, and I enjoyed every minute. I also thought periodically through the weekend about what this weekend would have been like pre-band. It was so nice to be able to appreciate things like (1) being comfortable wearing a bathing suit (not to mention, a SKIMPY BIKINI!); (2) walking up to the water in my bathing suit and feeling good, not self-conscious; (3) not having my legs rub together!!!!! (This should be no. 1! OMG, I don't know at what point that stopped, but I am so glad it did... has completely changed my enjoyment of warm weather; (4) being able to enjoy an ice cream in public; (5) believing my boyfriend when he tells me that he loves how I look in my swimsuit; and (6) going on a bike ride with Steve for exercise and knowing that I'm going to enjoy it and not feel the least bit over-exerted (thank you, spin!). Wow. What a world of difference this whole process has made.

25 comments:

MB said...

You look great in your string bikini. What an awesome NSV!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Wow Catherine!! You look amazing!! Great NSV...no FABULOUS NSV!!!

Kristin said...

I love love lovelovelove your bikini. You look amazing in it. And so happy! GO CATHERINE GO!

Susan said...

You look so fantastic!!!! Is it ok to be jealous????

Dawnya said...

You look awesome. I'm so happy for you.

Liz said...

Holy wow! You look GREAT!!!

Island Bandit said...

Miss Catherine you have got THE FLATTEST STOMACH! OMG!!!! I am officially inspired to kick my exercise and toning into high gear coz I wanna look like that!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

You look fabulous! Congrats!!!

Jacquie said...

You look gorgeous and you both look so happy!

Melissa Wolf said...

Beautiful! Love Fire Island, your awesome Lily P bikini and the big smiles. Your post is so inspiring!! Bikini is the holy grail for me...I once wore one, many years ago, and I want that happy carefree sexy summer feeling BACK AGAIN!! Looking at your photo, I'm feeling I can do it!

Lap Band Gal said...

WOW! Looking great in that suit :)

Kelly said...

OMG! Catherine, what an amazing NSV! You look fabulous! And I love the other NSV's along the way as well. You go, girl!

-----------------------------------
http://findingmywayatlast.blogspot.com

Stephanie M. said...

Wow - you look gorgeous!

Sandy said...

All I can say is WOW. Your smile says it all. We're waiting for the ring post now.

Linda said...

Love that bikini! You look amazing (but you know that). Did you think after surgery you would be rocking a bikini one day(and putting the pictures online?).

Steph said...

You look amazing in that suit and I am a big fan of Lilly, so props to you for wearing such an adorable suit!!!

Donut Diva said...

I can't believe you wore a bikini!!! You look terrific I know how amazing it must have been for you.
Way to go.

Heidi
bandedup.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Awesome!! Such a cute bikini too! You look great!
Cute boyfriend too!!!

Gilly said...

Fantastic! What a woderful weekend full of happy thoughts! :)

Bianca said...

You look absolutely fantastic!

Nora said...

Cute photo and GREAT way to begin the summer:)

Anonymous said...

catherine you look amazing...

Kathy said...

WOW!, wONDERFUL YOU are Looking fantastic, having fun and enjoying the glow of Love...Steve really completes that photo!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

YOU ROCKED IT!!!!!!!! AWESOME and you look amazing!! No stomach hang, no extra stuff hanging over the strings. You got it so flaunt it girl!!

Judi said...

Love that Lilly P bikini. In fact, I just bought it! FOR MY DAUGHTER. (for her sorority trip...it's her sorority colors!) I'd need to take off a few years and a few flaps of skin before I wear a bikini. But, I am not complaining....I'm COMPLETELY thrilled with my size 10 bombshell one piece...I feel like a 40's pin up gal. And, that's a good thing. Praise the Lap band!!!
You look amazing! Absolutely amazingly gorgeous! Be proud!
Onward!
Judi