Cut to yesterday... I was chatting with my sister on the phone, and she mentioned that she had come across some photos from a July 2008 (3 months pre-band) visit. I was all over that... and asked her to send me the shots she had of me that showed my size. We hit total paydirt!! At last! A real "before" photo.
July 2008 vs. December 2011
WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

I admit to you that I'm surprised to see that I was this big. I remember that day, and I remember being uncomfortable because of my size, but I don't remember actually looking like this, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I am so grateful to have this photo (and one more... I'll do another comparison soon), because it really drives home for me just how far I have been able to come with the help of my band, among other things (like this blog, all of you, boot camp, spin class, yoga, friends and family). Thank you, God.
BTW, the dress on the right is a Herve Leger bandage dress (I'm wearing one of the most body-conscious dresses ever, and I felt great!! I can assure you that the version of me in the photo on the left did not imagine I'd EVER be able to do that!). I borrowed the dress from R-e-nt the R-un-wa-y for a wedding that Steve and I went to on Saturday night. The wedding, incidentally, was a blast!

30 comments:
You look Fabulous! I cannot get over the Transformation..Weight made you look older than your years! Enjoy your hard won body and youth! You are Looking like "Kate"
Wow Catherine, what an amazing transformation! You have been a huge inspiration to me over the last few weeks as we were both banded on the same date. I hope in 3 years time, I can look as amazing as you do.
Thanks again xx
Freaking amazing! You are totally rocking that dress...you look so good!
That dress is amazing on you!! I simply love it!
You are my hero, but you already know this!
Hugs and I hope you have a blessed and truly Merry Christmas!
Dang girl!
This is the best before/after of you I've seen! Awesome!
You look amazing. I do understand what you wrote about your old size..I still don't want to look at old photos b/c it shows the true evidence of how big I was. Yikes! I hope I look as good as you when I get to goal.
Wow, Catherine....
I know exactly how you feel upon seeing the picture. I've had many moments when looking at my "before" pictures that I wondered how in the hell I left the house looking like that! Sometimes I do recall how I felt at that moment (when the picture was taken) as well! I suppose we are blessed with the ability to go on with our lives in the world we are living in! For that, I suppose we should be proud! I'm often shocked that I didn't become a hermit during my "before days".
Great pictures for comparison and a wonderful suggestion to the newbies to take lots of "before" pix!!! Love it!
Although you truly are a lovely, beautiful woman at any size. However, I will admit you look ASTONISHINGLY lovely and beautiful now! Love the dress you wore to the wedding...it definitely is a style of dress you should invest in!
Onward!
Judi
The Leger dress is amazing!!!! It's weird that its exciting to find a full length before picture isn't it?
I have very few and wish I had a few more.
Enjoy the holidays! I'm hoping I can see you in NY in January.
you look stunning!
I love comparison photos, and this is FANTASTIC!!!
Wow! Simply wow. Congratulations-- you are still such an inspiration.
:-)
You are incredibly beautiful Catherine! Honestly, you were beautiful in the before shot, as well, if a little fuller than you would like! You look amazing, and I LOVE the dress!!!
I am so very glad you got that before picture. The difference is amazing. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished and these photos are truly an inspiration.
unbelievable!!!!!
What a difference indeed!!!
You are an amazing inspiration.... I love that Dress. So sexy and old hollywood glam. Gorgeous!
That comparison really does show the journey you have experienced. Congrats on a great ride :o)
God I loooove those dresses. What a stunning transformation!
Absolutely amazing change... and so well deserved - you've worked so hard to get there and you look fabulous!!! Congrats Catherine! Merry Christmas...
Favorite before and after EVER!
Thank you for sharing.
BTW, I love the dress and the bracelet. (And you already know I love your purse in the before photo!) You have amazing style.
This inspired me to find some more before pics! :) You look fabulous!
OMG - what a difference!! That is such a brilliant comparison; I'm so glad you found that 'before' photo because it really shows what hard work, dedication and a band can do. You must be SO pleased.
This is exactly why I was so inspired by you over a year ago when I was deciding on being banded. You have been such a success and I love it!
You are amazing! Just gorgeous and so inspiring!
You look great I can't wait for after photos
Wow Catherine! Way to change your life!
You're one of those bloggers that if I were to just see you're "after" shots, I'd never believe you were ever overweight. You've always been gorgeous but now you look HAPPY and truly like yourself.
you look awesome. I mean starlite awesome.
unFREAKINGbelievable! You look AMAZING!
Post a Comment