One of my goals for this year was to do a vacation that was athletic enough that I wouldn't have done it pre-band. I actually did that once already in February, and just did it again over the weekend of the 4th of July.
Steve and I went up to the Adirondack mountains with a group of three friends and had a great mix of outdoor sports (hiking, swimming in a lake, paddling out to far off spots in an Adirondack guide boat) and country club living (tennis, a nice dinner at the club, more tennis, lawn bowling, cocktails on the veranda)! It was a blast.
Here is the view at the top of the mountain we hiked! It was one heck of a climb. Four hours of decently hard cardio, especially on the way up. It was definitely challenging and, even though I thought I was in such fantastic shape that it would be a breeze, it was not easy, and I'm still sore! I found out about a few muscles I didn't know I had before on that hike! :)
Foot trail markers on the way...
On the way up...
Prepped out for the 4th of July dinner and fireworks display at the club... My hair was a bit of a frizz, since I forgot my conditioner... ag!
I laughed so hard when I was taking this photo. I was trying to get a snap of my cute new Lilly Pulitzer espadrilles.... and noticed that I still had mud on my leg from the hike that afternoon! I felt like a real nature girl.... :)

It was a fantastic weekend, and I'm so glad that I went. I also got to meet Steve's sister and her family for the first time, which was great (whew! I really liked them!). I would NEVER have agreed to do a trip like this at my start weight -- I just could not have handled it. Even after working out hard for 2 1/2 years, it was still challenging, so I can only imagine that I would have been completely miserable and have had to quit if I'd been doing this at 230 pounds. But instead, I enjoyed the challenge and had a great time. What a difference.

13 comments:
You look amazing...but that is nothing new. I'm so excited about your relationship with Steve.
OMG...I can't believe you went up that dang mountain. You are like an outdoorswoman now. I love that workout.
Cute shoes!!!
Yay Catherine! Y'all are just too darn cute!
You really do have an amazing life! So full of activities, both social and physical! That is so awesome! and I love the view, the dress, and the shoes!
Happy to see that you were able to enjoy the long weekend (not like I am at all surprised)!
Sounds like such a wonderful weekend! It's so inspiring to see all the things you're doing that you wouldn't have done at your starting weight.
You look beautiful! That hike seems like a lot of work, but great exercise and that view makes it all worth it!
I love your dress, and those shoes are incredible too! And, don't worry...the mud on your leg just gives the whole presentation an added kick. :)
I'm glad you had a fun trip--and successfully met some more of the fam!
Gorgeous! I love the Adirondacks. I spent every summer from 8 to 16 years old at a summer camp on Lake George. I desperately want to go back there and give some of those hikes another try!
Sounds like so much fun!! Love the shoes!
your dress is beautiful and I love the adirondack's. I worked at a camp for three summers in Brant Lake, which is about 20 miles north of Lake George.
First I love your shoes!! So cute. So happy you had a great weekend! Sounds perfect!
Hey you were in my neck of the woods! The Adks are my stomping grounds. Looks like you had a beautiful hike though, and that peach color looks terrific on you! Cute shoes!!! :-)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
Beautiful. Gorgeous. And the view is pretty too.
I have to tell you that I am now sold on Steve. Not that I was unsold befoe necessarily. But a man that can where salmon colored pants is my kind of man. Marry him.
I have been itching to go on a hike which is crazy coming from the girl who had her period for three ystrait years in high school to avoid PE. Congratulations on making a major brain shift.
Is that salmon? Papaya? Burnt Siena? Cinnamon? Pumpkin ginger? Well, it's some sort of food obviously.
Post a Comment