Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Sisterhood Fun

I had a great day on Sunday! I woke up, hit my spin class, went for a 90 minute massage, and then had friend and fellow bandster, Nora, over to raid my closet! Though I've mailed out and given away in person countless items to many other bandsters, I'd been holding on to all of my higher end items... things like that $2,200 Tom & Linda Platt gown that's in one of the "before" photos I always use, two other cocktail dresses, and two really fun dresses .. including one from Neiman Marcus that I (agh.. the waste!!) never.. even... wore...

So, while I still can't bear to part with those pricey items, I decided to lend them to Nora. Although she lives in London, we have been able to get together several times and have a ball! We also have a lot in common... including our basic body shape, which makes trusting these precious pieces to her all the more worthwhile, since they are going to be smashing on her!
And, lest I post without a photo, here is one from last week. Steve and I were at a reception for the 9/11 M-e-mo-r-i-a - l. (I'm trying to avoid having Google Alert pick this up... hence the weird spelling.) It was a small reception, and Mayor B and the architect responsible for the memorial were there. We're standing on a balcony here, overlooking the site. The memorial looks great already, as do the many trees planted there. It was nice to see that, ten years later, it's finally almost done.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh wow-Nora has to take pictures in her "new clothes". You have always been so generous- I got my first sisterhood package from you and have passed it all on.
You look great as always- glad you're having a good summer.

Dawnya said...

All I see in this picture is how in love you are. I love this picture. Look at the way you are looking at him. It makes my heart smile.

Nora is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I follow her blog. I can't wait to see her in the cute clothes.

Sarah said...

I'm with Dawnya... you look WONDERFULLY IN LOVE!!! And good for you for finding a fellow "sister" to share those precious clothes with!!! Hoping we can connect in a few weeks... Am emailing you at the gmail today!

MB said...

You look great (as always)!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm not kidding. Every time you post it almost makes me teary because I remember you posting about wanting love and wondering if you'd ever find it and now look! I got your message...have you tried unclicking the stay signed in button on blogger - sometimes that lets people comment if you do that. It's a known blogger issue. I hope you can make it to BOOBS!

Marie said...

I love reading your blog. It's like reading a love story unfold. You do know that even though you've never met me you have to invite me and all the other bandsters to your wedding! LOL! JK

I was in NYC over the 4th - but just on the Hudson to watch the fireworks. I was actually in Belmar, NJ most of the time. Next time would love to meet up with you for a cocktail!

Pamela E. Williams said...

I thought I was the only one that saw the adoration on you face. That look of looooooooovvvvvveeee!! Happy for you and Nora!!