Monday, August 27, 2012

Hilton Head!

Ahhh! I finally have photos to share from my trip to Hilton Head, SC from August 11-14th. Steve and I were both able to go and to meet up with my Dad, step-mom, my brother, his wife, my niece and nephew, two of my aunts, and two uncles. The reason for the trip? My Dad's 70th birthday!

Lounging on the sand!
I am loving the Tr-i-n--a T-u--r-k towel
I bought with a GC that a friend gave me for my b-day

It was such a great trip, for many reasons. First, I'm so glad that we got to do something big for my Dad. He's such a sweetheart, and is extremely easy-going and is not the kind of person who calls out for everyone to make a big fuss over his birthday (unlike me! Hee hee). So, it was extra fun to do just that!

Second, I really enjoyed getting to hang out with so much family all at once! Leaving aside that one of my aunts mentioned my ex-fiance at least FOUR separate times (broken up in 2004, mind you... I hardly even THINK of the guy and he couldn't be more irrelevant)... everything went very smoothly and it was a ton of fun. We hung out at the beach and/or went bike riding every day, had dinner out, followed by ice cream, and played quite a lot of frisbee in the pool and the ocean!


Such a cute photo of my dad and step-mom from the trip! Look at those big smiles!

At the beach with Steve! Surprise! This looks like all my other summer photos! :)With my Dad! Why yes, I have perfected the "ring-display" pose! Hee hee!
I can do it from the other side, too! LOL


The third thing that I really liked about this trip is that it, like all our weekends out in the Hamptons, reminded me that I no longer dread a beach vacation. I'm far from perfect, but I'm about as close as I'm ever going to be, and have come so far that I don't worry about my flaws the way I did before. On this trip, I was in a bathing suit for at least several hours every day, and that didn't stress me out even a little bit. Even when I was this weight when I was younger (pre-big-gain, pre-band), I never felt like that at all. I probably would have worn shorts all day, and a one-piece. I am so grateful not to feel like that anymore.


The champions of frisbee!!

This one cracked me up. :)


After returning from the trip, I found out that my Dad is going to have to have some medical tests this week and next. It's a worrisome situation, though one that might turn out not to be a big deal, if we caught this problem early enough. I wanted to ask all of you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers -- and to hope for the best possible results. My Dad is hugely important to me, and I figured that some extra prayers and thoughts might help.

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great photos! Glad you had fun with your family!

jennxaz said...

great photos and what an NSV to be content with yourself in a swimsuit...that is amazing how great you look!

Theresa said...

Love the photos. I'm glad you all had fun. Your dad looks great for 70! I will definitely hold him in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!

Jacquie said...

I don't have to tell you how important a girls dad is to her!

I am glad you all got to share his big day with him and I loved your pics.

I will certainly keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

MandaPanda said...

Definitely praying for your dad. Hope all is well there.

You look fabulous! And very blonde!

Beth Ann said...

Love the pics and even more so, love to hear you so happy!!

Darlin1 said...

You look great....love the lighter hair! Sending out extra prayers to your dad!!


XO

Rhonda said...

Will keep your dad in my prayers tonight. Hope all is well, glad to see you all had such a great time together - that's a big birthday, glad you decided to put something together for him! :)

trishajo said...

Keeping your dad in my prayers!! great pics!! :)

speck said...

Your dad does not look 70!

And how wonderful that must be for your self-esteem to be comfortable in your body...I mean bikini! lol

What a great vacation.

Sandra

Joey said...

Hey Blondie, you look terrific! And what is family for if not to push a couple of buttons? :)

Kathy said...

Great to see your dad and M..... looking so well! You & S are so cute together! Happy that you had the time to share. I will keep him in my prayers.

Kathy said...

Great to see your dad and M..... looking so well! You & S are so cute together! Happy that you had the time to share with dad on his 70th birthday. I will keep him in my prayers.