Steve has a long tradition of having a big Christmas party at his club every year. This year was his 15th! It's a really nice party -- a black tie sit-down dinner for 100 people in a very elegant club, and Steve does his best to make sure there are an even number of men and women (the only party like that that I know about in NYC... usually women far out number the men). Steve planned the whole thing, from the guest list (though in retrospect, I should have jumped in there.. had a friend who was a little upset not to be invited because she viewed this as my party... Agh. Kind of clueless on my part not to have thought of this -- there are locally-based friends who are invited to our wedding who were not added to Steve's usual invitation list.) to the menu and decorations. He did a fantastic job, and it was a lot of fun!
With Steve in the library
The dinner tables
Me! In a R-e-em A-c-ra gown that I rented from R-en-t the R-un-way. I loved it!
A fun shot of us with our feet up! I love that Steve's socks match my dress!
With my beardy fiance! Yes, I did get the ring in the shot on purpose! :)
And, to drive it all home, and put some perspective on all of this, I did a new comparison shot. The one on the left was taken just over four years ago. I was in DC with my brother and sister, had just broken up with PP, and was miserable. This was a few months before my surgery, and I hadn't started looking into the band at that point (I was self-pay, so once I decided, I had the surgery soon afterward). On the right was me last weekend. I am 38 on the left and 42 on the right. A size 1X, 20, 14W on the left, and a size 8 or 10 on the right. The me on the left was uncomfortable in my skin -- my feet ached and my back hurt, and I was self-conscious about my weight. The me on my right felt completely freaking fabulous. What a difference.







13 comments:
Gorgeous dress!!! :)
you look fabulous! and I love that his socks match too. The table settings look so pretty and your side by side looks like two different people. Wonder what the old you would have said had you handed her this photo and told her to keep her chin up things would only get better!
You are incredibly lovely, especially in that dress!
That party looks like "the" event of the season - and love the socks (and the beard!)
Such a handsome couple! Merry Christmas!
So glamorous! You look beautiful!
Looks like a wonderful time. I love that shade of red on you. You look great.
Sandra
GORGEOUS....both of you! That dress is just stunning on you. But, I have to confess to you that the first thing I noticed was Steve's socks! I absofreakinlutely love them! I might have to steal that idea for our formal event in 2 weeks. BTW, I just rented my first very formal dress from Rent the Runway(one of my former students works for them!) and can't wait to wear it when we go on my husband's executive weekend! Thanks for inspiring me to give it a try!
That comparison picture says it all!
Happy Holidays!
Judi
You look wonderful.
You are so fabulous!!
What else is there to say, really?
I agree with everyone.....beautiful!
Enjoy every minute of it!!!
XO
You look absolutely beautiful, and more importantly, COMFORTABLE AND HAPPY in that amazing new skin of yours!!! So happy for you - enjoy every minute of it that you've earned! Merry Christmas!
xoxoxo
~Sarah
You're glowing! You look so happy and gorgeous!
The first thing I noticed was the matching red socks. So cute of the two of you. You glow!
Post a Comment