We're in for a big snow storm on the east coast today! My office is closing early, which probably doesn't actually mean anything for me. But, I can wear jeans, so it's all good!
I noticed yesterday that the dress I had on (a very fitted sheath) seemed a little tighter than usual. I knew that I was on the high side of my comfort zone, so I didn't think too much about it. In fact, I took my secretary out for barbecue for lunch and ate a bunch of delicious pork and a bit of mac and cheese (it was so delicious), then had a dinner out last night. Actually, the dinner was very cool because they had a mind reader guy there, and he did all of these fantastic tricks that were really incredible! But... the point is that I got on my scale this morning and it was UP FOUR POUNDS!! Ack!!!
I know that I can't actually gain 4 pounds overnight, any more than I could really lose 4 pounds overnight at my current weight. So I assume that the food I had yesterday was salty and I"m retaining water, but I do know for sure that the scale is up a little bit. And, that is why I weigh myself every day (or nearly every day -- I probably forget 1-2 times a week). Just keeping on top of this before it becomes a big deal goes a very long way to keeping me at maintenance.
Admittedly, I was momentarily freaked out today to see the highest number on my scale that I've seen in months. But I also know that I'll rein it in and be back at a better number within the next few days. I've got my weekend workouts booked and will be more careful to make good food choices until everything is back where it should be. It's not a big deal -- it just requires a little attention. That pretty much sums up maintenance for me. It's not that hard -- but that's mainly because of the amount that I work out. If I wasn't burning extra calories at the gym on a regular basis, this would be a lot harder. (And it definitely shows on the scale when I slack off...)


7 comments:
Hope the snow storm isn't bad for you. You're a rock star! Good to see a post from you!
Storms really make my work suck b/c I have to deal with emergency planning... don't worry about the weight.
Just exercise and eat right like you know how to do-- reel it in a bit, and you'll be good.
Yay for wearing jeans to work! We had a half of day today and all my customers cancelled tomorrow. So yay for being snowed in! Great job rocking maintenance and keeping on top of it!
Hope you don't get snowed in. Seems like you've got maintenance down pat.
I am right there with you on weighing almost every day. It keeps me honest and makes me reign it in when I'm creeping up those few pounds. Friends always try to tell me that its not healthy to weigh every day and I tell them it wasn't healthy to weigh 234 lbs! I wasn't weighing every day back then either! Nuff said on that!
I weigh every day too.
I can get into WAY too much trouble if I don't.
I can easily gain 6 lbs in three days! Been there done that.
I'm hoping for a kitty post soon from you :) How is that adorable kitteh of yours?
Yep, most likely water retention... high salt and carbs can do that. It'll be gone soon enough if you stay on track!
Post a Comment