Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Eleven Days to Go!

Wow!!  Time is flying, and I've been absolutely swamped between work, life and wedding plans!  I can not believe it's only eleven days until the wedding.  Two weeks from today, I'll be on my honeymoon in South Africa!! 

Many of you know that I do letterpress, calligraphy and invitation design as a hobby, and I really had a heck of a good time making the paper items for the wedding, from the Save the Dates and invitations to the table cards, name cards, menus and programs (er, not that I'm done with everything for the reception yet...). 

For the Save the Dates, I made a card with our pictures, the date and location on one side, and information and the URL for our wedding website on the other.  I put them in really gorgeous cream envelopes and used this beautiful Yuzen paper for the envelope liners. 

 
(Ahem... we will not be reenacting this drawing as my arms do not look like this in real life!)

For the reception, we decided to name each table after a special place or thing.  There are nine in all, but since a few folks coming to the wedding also read this blog, I'll just show you three of them here!  Keep in mind that I'm not the greatest artist!  I just enjoy doing this stuff!  :)  You can click on the images to make them bigger.

My wedding gown is going to be completely done tomorrow!  I've had all of my fittings, and it's just gorgeous.  It fits perfectly. 

You know, I'm so glad to have written out and kept the Pro/Con list that I made before my surgery.  I know that I refer to it now and then, but I also go back and look at it from time to time.  I do that less now than I did when I was working toward my goal, but it's still interesting to me to go back and read it.  In eleven days, I'm going to get to check the last "Pro" off my list... not having to be a "fat" bride.  Somehow, the idea of that popped into my mind nearly five years ago when I did that list, and now the reality of it is just around the corner.  It's pretty amazing.

I also went back and read my early posts not too long ago.  Reading them, I am reminded of how I felt at the start of this process.  I was very, very hopeful.  But I was not in a good place weight and health-wise, and I was also suffering in the aftermath of a painful breakup.  It's incredible to me how much I have changed my life for the better during the last five years, and I feel so grateful and happy that was possible.  I am also so psyched to be marrying Steve.  He is such an incredible, warm, thoughtful and loving guy, and I thank my lucky stars that I met him at the time in my life when I did!

Speaking of stars... here is one more table card.....

ELEVEN DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 comments:

Beth Ann said...

The cards are just beautiful! I'm so happy for you. :-)

Sarah said...

YAY!!! So excited for the both of you... can't wait for you to enjoy every minute of it! Congrats... ~xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.. wishing you a lifetime of happiness together :)

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

The cards...lovely touch! I always love it when I go to a wedding and learn even more about the couple than I knew. I am so excited to see your wedding post when you get to it. Have a magical wedding and honeymooooooooon! Your journey is nothing short of inspiring!

The Paris Chronicles said...

You are truly living a real-life fairytale of weight loss and finding Mr. Right! May the upcoming days be smooth and filled with joyful anticipation...and not too much stress. Many blessing to the two of you!

Judi said...

Your journey has been one that fairy tales are made of.
You are officially crowned the "Happily Ever After LapBand" girl!
Although I know we all credit our Lap Bands for so much....when I read a journey like yours...I am reminded of how much WE are to be credited for where our journey has taken us! Our Lap Bands were a small (although wonderful!) part of it all!
Enjoy these next days and each and every day afterwards!
Onward!
Judi
P.S. Love the table signs and the invitation! Just lovely!

MB said...

I love the cards!!! ...and I am super excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures of the day!

Island Bandit said...

Sooooooooo exciting. I hope you'll share lots of photos from the big day as I'm sure you're going to be absolutely stunning! Yay.... skinny mini bride :) You've worked so hard to turn everything around and begin to live your best life. So happy for you. You truly deserve it. MuuuaaaahhhhhhH!

Linda said...

So happy for you Catherine. What a wonderful time in your life. You'll be a gorgeous, happy bride.

Kelly said...

Love, love, love! I feel your excitement...I was there a year ago. It's such a fun, magical time. We did something similar with our tables...each one had to do with some special place we enjoyed in Paris. Please post pictures and have an amazing day and an even more amazing honeymoon and life. You deserve all the best. xoxo

Kelly
http://www.yunbesote.com/

(and still plugging away at findingmyway)

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I love this! Congrats on the big day!

Theresa said...

So wonderful! I can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding and the honeymoon. You deserve every happiness! Best wishes to you both!!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...it gives me hope to stay on track and not give up when I fall off the path. I wish you true bliss and happiness. My hubby and I just celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary...time really does fly, so enjoy each and every moment. :)

speck said...

Love reading your story and hearing your excitment. And what a talent you have. I love it.

Best wishes Catherine!

Steph said...

I'm just so super happy for you both. You're going to be an amazing skinny bride! :) Best wishes to you!

Dinnerland said...

wow!!!!

Cheri said...

I loved getting to know you at least a little through your blog. In some ways I connected, in other ways I just enjoyed watching your journey, you are always so gracious. My husband lived in RSA from age 9 to 19, so we went to visit there for a month when I was 6 months prego with my first baby (crazy time to go). It was gorgeous there though. I hope at some point you share more about what area you are going and pics maybe! He used to live near Durban. We couldn't do as much as we hoped (safari stuff) due to cerebral malaria outbreak I couldn't get shots for due to pregnancy, lol. :P

Darlin1 said...

Love the cards.....

Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!

XO

Judi said...

Hi Catherine,
Sending you and Steve all the best for a beautiful, love-filled, dream-come-true wedding weekend and a lifetime of true happiness and joy! And, of course....enjoy your honeymoon! Rock that bikini!
We will all be waiting right here for you when you return and looking forward to hearing all about your special time (with pictures, I hope!).
Thank you for sharing your journey and your story with all of us! It's been wonderful to see it all unfold as it should have....
Here's to Happily-Ever-After!
Onward!
Judi

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for years, and am so happy for you! Will be thinking of you on your big day, now just two days away! You deserve all this happiness! Congratulations and hope your day is everything you wish it to be!