Sunday, January 4, 2015

Six Year Streak!


With my dear hubby at a Christmas dinner.

This year makes six years in a row that I haven't gained weight over the holidays!  I feel really good about that, especially since -- pre-band -- I probably gained most years during that time.  My band is a huge help with this because it forces me to be mindful of what and how I eat, but the other changes I've made in the last six years help, too.

I was at my brother's house over Christmas (I never did get around to telling him about my band, so he still doesn't know), and we wound up going to the gym quite a bit.  I hit two yoga classes and two spin classes while I was there, and went on a bunch of walks, too.  I bet someone who didn't know us would think we were one of those obnoxiously healthy and fit families (heck, maybe we've become one of those families)!  All of these changes feel very natural and part of my life to me, but when I look at how different life is now from seven years ago, it's astounding to me how much things have changed for the better.  Feeling very grateful.  I'm excited to see what nice things 2015 may have in store.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year!!

13 comments:

Jen said...

You are a beautiful couple and I'm so happy to hear your holiday was so great! You continue to inspire me on this never ending journey... Happy New Year!!

Grandma Bonnie said...

So nice to see you. Happy and healthy new year to you and yours.

Darlin1 said...

Look at you two.....beautiful!

I like you as a blond....just sayin'

Thanks for continuing to post. I also feel like the band has been a hugh help to me. So grateful!

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous
New Year!

XO

Kelly Rodriguez said...

Happy New Year! So nice to see your update. Congratulations on your continued success. Wishing you all the best in 2015 and always.

Kelly
www.alovelylifeindeed.com

Vanessa said...

Happy New Year! Nice to see your continued success!

MandaPanda said...

Happy New Year! You look gorgeous and sound so healthy and happy! :)

Beth Ann said...

Love hearing this!You guys look adorable (and happy!) together. Happy new year!

Beth Ann said...

Love hearing this! You all are such a lovely couple. Happy new year!

Judi said...

Joyous picture!
Happy 2015 to you and your dear hubby! Thanks for still keeping in touch with your blogland friends! I know it gets harder as time goes on....sometimes there's nothing to say or we are too busy enjoying our Lapbanded life to take a break to pay it forward! I hope to do better with that in 2015 (although I haven't posted in the New Year yet...lol!).
All the best!
Onward!
Judi

Amy W. said...

you are lovely as always. It makes me happy to know you are happy friend!

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Lovely as always. I've been stalking you for years, sorry that I never comment. I look forward to your updates. All the best in 2015. Tracey

Lap Band Gal said...

What a cute pic of you and your sweetie! :) I am getting back to reading blogs and yours was the first I wanted to read. You are my Lap Band hero!

Cindylew said...

Hi Catherine...long time since I've even looked at these blogs. I hope this finds you well...Cindy Becker here...better known as cindylewwho. I took my blog down ages ago but wanted to check in with a veteran. April 26 will mark 5 years since being banded. I have't had a fill since October 2010 and have pretty much been on auto pilot. I have maintained my 90 pound weight loss and live between 140-145.
I've had issues recently with heartburn and tightness in my chest area and found myself with my surgeon this past week. I actually had to track him down as he had left Temple University Hospital unbeknownst to me as I haven't had an appt. in 4 years.
Bottom line is I am fine and simply needed a small unfill. But this did bring about a reality check concerning the long term future of our bands. Seems my guy doesn't even perform this surgery anymore due to the high percentage of failures long term. I was wondering how you were doing and if you've been told the same thing. I feel I dodged a bullet but can't shake the feeling that it's just a matter of time until the band will need to be removed.