My eleventh bandiversary came and went on October 23rd, and I've been meaning to do a post to commemorate it. I can hardly believe it's been eleven years since my lap band surgery. More shocking is that I just turned 49 (and yet EVEN MORE shocking is that I'm turning 50 next year)!
 |
| In Ireland this fall. |
You know what is great? I've gotten to live through the past ten years free from being fat, feeling like sh*t about my body, and associating guilt with enjoying food. That has been such a gift, and while it's a regular part of my life now, I remind myself periodically not to take it for granted. I also still take good care of myself -- I pay attention to what I eat more often than not (without stressing about it), and I work out. The only downsides to being banded (which are minor and so worth it) is that I have reflux sometimes during the night and can still get stuck, which means I can't eat just anything (e.g. it would be hard to tell you the last time I had pizza, for example -- not a food that's going to go down for me unless the crust is perfectly thin and crisp).
 |
| Harbour Island, Bahamas |
What a year it's been! My husband and I renovated our apartment (in NYC), which meant that we had to move out and sublet another apartment for more than six months while the work was being done. The workers just finished the punch list -- YESTERDAY -- and it's beautiful! Now, on to the decorating phase! :)
 |
| Hilton Head, SC |
The renovation has taken an incredible amount of my focus, and has also messed up my workout schedule a bit during the last 6-7 months. However, I haven't completely fallen off the wagon, I just haven't been getting as much exercise in as I'd like. Nonetheless, I am committed to getting back into my usual groove of 3-4 workouts a week. Funny enough, my weight is down 5 pounds (i.e. the "pesky 5" I've been moaning about for a few years), though I seriously think it's more to do with lost muscle mass than me eating less.
I hope all of you are doing well, and would love to hear from you! Wishing you all much happiness and on today of all days, I am thinking about how thankful I am to have had your support and friendship on this journey. Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Well, I just have to comment and say hello Catherine - my bandiversary sister! I'm so happy to see that you're doing well, continuing your banded way of life, and looking forward! Every day I thank G-d for my band. And while I'm 10 lbs up from my lowest, I no longer live in misery - and I'm so thankful. Hope you and your hubby have a great new year. Live your best life!
Hello Catherine! I've finally got back to blogging about my band http://wlsgastricbanding.blogspot.com/ if anyone remembers me, we were banded around the same time. I regularly check your blog to see how you are getting on, it's great that you keep updating
Love
Hx
Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 di Jakarta
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam di Jakarta
Jasa Fotocopy Murah di Jakarta
Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy Murah
Jasa Fotocopy 24 Jam
Jasa Fotocopy di Jakarta Timur
Jasa Fotocopy Rawamangun
I hope you're well Catherine! 15 years! Can you believe it? I'm up some pounds but still in the "normal" category. I'm so happy I had that surgery. Best to you.
Post a Comment