Thursday, August 5, 2010

Already looking foward to Halloween!

One of the things I've really been looking forward to about being thinner is getting to wear a cute, sexy outfit for Halloween! Last year, I was ready to do that, but I had a friend in town visiting over Halloween with her 13 month old, so going to a party was not in the cards. This year, however, it is!

I love the show Mad Men and think I'm going to go as Joan Holloway. Here is a photo of her. I have a great 1960s style emerald green dress that should be perfect, and just ordered a pencil necklace from Etsy.com. Now, all I need is a red wig (any suggestions for where I can get one that's already styled appropriately??), some fake eyelashes, and some seamed stockings! Fun!



12 comments:

Allan said...

Nice ensemble, never too soon for Halloween.. Goes well with the Village crowd at the Parade.. Blend right in....

Catherine55 said...

Only problem is that there will be drag queens looking hotter than me in this costume in the W. Village! :) LOL

Linda said...

Oh I love MM! Joan is my favorite (I'd much rather be a Joan than a Betty). You'll look so great.
I have a dress I call my Joan dress - I wore it yesterday.

momma2fi said...

Catherine, if you find the right wig, you could take it to your hairdresser and have her/him do an old fashioned roller set - and have it styled like her hair. Also - have you seen the spread on Julianne Moore in the new In Style magazine? There is a shot of her in a more bouffant style - but would perhaps match - and you could use your own hair rather than buying a wig. You could get a temporary red rinse for your hair to make it work! Just a little FYI to help you!

Perry Joyce said...

I went as her last year - in a 1960's emerald green dress WITH pencil necklace! Too funny! I wish I hadn't though - I'm gonna look so much better in that dress this year! Oh well. I'm still a curvy redhead, maybe I'll try and find that hot pink number!

SuperMegaAnna said...

Halloween is probably the most exciting thing for me about my weight loss. I LOVE Halloween and have worn crappy "fatty" costumes for the past few years. I can't wait to wear something more form fitting!

Camille said...

I LOVE Halloween!! It's my favorite holiday and my daughter's birthday!! You would really pull off Joan. I love that you are already planning!

Kerri said...

You will look AMAZING...as usual!

Kristin said...

Great costume idea! Spanx now has hose with seams down the back. No idea on the wig but methinks you should be able to rustle up something in New York.

And LOL at the drag queens. It's true, though - they are some hot mamas. Best grooming habits I've ever seen, hands down.

LJ said...

Love this look!

Colls said...

OMG, that's what I want to be! I LOVE Joany with all my heart! <3

Last Option Atty said...

Great idea!! I love her!!! Great pics from maine btw!