Wow! It was so weird to feel the earthquake yesterday! I was in my office (on a high floor in a high rise.. the one that sways when it's windy...) and suddenly felt my chair bounce up and down. It was doing a light boing-boing-boing.... Then, I realized -- that's not my chair! It's the WHOLE BUILDING!! It stopped pretty quickly, and I went out into the hallway. My colleagues were all kind of excited and a little concerned, and my firm told everyone to go home for the day. (Of course, I couldn't really leave because I was on a deadline... but I figured that I would be safer in the office than in the subway, so I stayed put and was completely fine.) Still, it was a little freaky and interesting! I'm just glad there wasn't any damage in NYC, and hope elsewhere fared as well, too. Must check out the news today.
Oh.. and with everyone asking "Did you feel it?!?" yesterday, I got Markey Mark stuck in my head! "Yeaaaah... Do you feel it baby?? I can too!" LOL

8 comments:
Glad you're okay!
It's such a good vibration! I am kinda sad, I ran over to Sephora and never felt it. When I came out everyone was in the streets! <3
Now I have Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch running through my head. Thank you :) Glad to hear you weren't too freaked out. I would have peed in my pants. I can deal with hurricanes, tornadoes and all the other stuff we get in Florida, but earthquakes, I think not!
Awww.....east-coasters are so cute! It is freaky if you have never really felt one before. Last year we sat through a 6.something and never even left the dinner table. Whatever you do, don't run outside! Earthquake safety 101.
It sounds like it was a little crazy out there. I am glad you are ok!
they sent you all home??? :) that is funny. I bet the good part was that you stayed behind and no-one bugged you all day so you got loads done towards the deadline right? I just booked my plans for NY in October again...maybe we can have lunch or drinks?
xxxooo
Love Marky Mark :) Thanks for planting that in my little mind !
Glad you are okay. I felt it too; my first earthquake. I am a new follower.
http://robynnest-robyn.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment