I finally got my CAT Scan yesterday. The actual procedure was nothing -- I just had to lie down on a very comfortable moving plank, and it slid me in and out of a doughnut-shaped scanner (it wasn't the full-body-type scanner shown in the photo in my last post).
The worst part of the whole thing was having to drink two GIANT containers of "berry smoothie" flavored barium. The containers were each bigger than a container of Gatoraid, and the texture and flavor of the drink were just disgusting. It took me a good 35 minutes to get both of them down (oh, how I wish my band would have let me chug them to get it over with). I seriously almost hurled several times. And then, (sorry ... TMI...) the barium actually gave me an upset stomach, so I couldn't go back to the office afterwards due to that, er, side-effect. Lovely!
The results are supposed to be sent to my doctor today. I am going to do my best to find out what they are TODAY. I don't want to wait through another weekend feeling like this. I just want to get patched up and back in action. I can not let this derail me from my gym plan. I will not let this mess up the really good routine that I've had in place for so long. It freaks me out a bit not to know exactly what is going on and how long it's going to take to get back to normal. Hopefully I'll get some more clarity today.
7 years ago

12 comments:
At least you've got that part over and done with; fingers crossed that you get the results today.
So glad that part is over for you. The Barium sucks, it truly does.
I hope your news today is good. Keeping you in my prayers!
Keeping fingers crossed that you get results today and it's something easily fixed.
Oh Catherine, I hope you get closure today and know what you are dealing with. Totally different area but I have an ankle problem that comes and goes. it will continue to come and go until I have it surgically corrected. I am petrified of that because it will derail me from my gym program for 8 weeks or more! I don't want to even think about that!
I hope you are felling better from the barium...that stuff is horrible!
Major fingers crossed!
Thinking of you... hang in there and keep us posted!!!
I'm here thinking good thoughts for you.
(((Hugs)))
Feel better! Can I poke it when you're in Chicago? Because you're still going, right? RIGHT????
I sure am thinking about you and sending positive thoughts/good results to you.
Ugh, the waiting is the worst part. Let us know when you hear. PS, I love our dinners as well... especially singing Bon Jovi:)
Yeah that stuff is so yucky! I almost puked too when I drank it. Those bottles are HUGE too and they have those huge straws you have to drink from. Its like a big gulp on steroids.
Fingers crossed :)
Post a Comment