Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh the joys of dealing with insurance....

Soooooooooo.... I spent two hours at the doctor's office yesterday so that they could get me authorization to get a CAT Scan. Of course, my insurance wouldn't jump through whatever hoops there were fast enough that I could get it done that day, so I have to go back again...

So, I still don't have confirmation of what is going on with me, and have to spend more time away from the office to get it sorted out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

In brighter news, this weekend ... for the FIRST TIME EVER IN MY ADULT LIFE, I bought a type of clothing that I thought was permanently off limits to me..... Cordoroy pants! I got a pair of black J Brand cords in size 29. (And I'm not even at risk of starting a fire with them when I walk -- wonder of wonders!) I was pretty thrilled to get them. This is as big a deal to me as when I first got white pants!

Now, if I could only get this pain situation fixed....

14 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow! Corduroy!! and LOL about the fire! ...Catherine, I hope you get to the bottom of things right away and all is well. The waiting is so hard! Best of luck!

MandaPanda said...

I hope they're able to figure out what's causing the pain and get you in tip top shape soon!

Corduroy...I don't think I've EVER worn it. Good for you!

Dawnya said...

Dang. I was hoping you would be feeling better today. Insurance can suck big time. Keep your head up cutie pie. I'm sure you are looking really good in your corduroys.

Amy W. said...

I like corduroy, I have a pair of 8's waiting for me in my closet if I ever make it to 8's! Please post a picture. I had to go back and catch up to see what pain you were talking about, and now I really want to know as well. I know you will keep us posted.

Lap Band Gal said...

WOO HOO! TOTAL NSV! :)

Justine said...

Total bummer that you still don't know what is going on. Any idea when you can get the CAT scan?

I bought some corduroy trousers (2 pairs in fact!) just a couple of weeks ago. I've always steered clear of them because my hubby wears them and I don't want us to look like Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee in matchy-matchy outfits, but they are soooooo comfortable I may have to go and buy more!

Just beware though, you may start a fire just by looking so hot in them!

speck said...

I hope you get a resolution soon and there's an easy fix!

Kristin said...

You poor girl. I'm so sorry, and wishing a very quick resolution for you.

ALso, you made me laugh about the fire pants.

Rhonda said...

I had a pair of 18W corduroy pants. I totally didn't know they were off limits. Oops! :) Proud of ya.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the insurance gets its act together soon.

Jessica said...

I feel ya on the insurance nightmare... I had to go through something similar for my recent stress test.

Congrats on your NSV!

Stephanie M. said...

Ouch on the pain situation but yay on the corduroys!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the scan soon and some real answers. Keep us posted.

Dinnerland said...

Ugh-- I hope you hear very soon what is going on-- did they have any suspicion as to what is happening? I am sending you healthy vibes...

Nora said...

I assumed your little pain would resolve itself- little did I know. And so it goes with assumptions. I hope this is nothing serious and that you get your results asap!