Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quick update!

Wow! If I thought summer was busy ... it's only because I haven't experienced the holiday party season with Steve before! We have been out and about a lot -- and I've been making very good use of Re-n-t th-e Run-w-a-y, since I can't show up in the same dress at every event, and -- even though my size seems to be set now -- I just can't stomach buying multiple expensive long ballgowns in one season. So, that site is tiding me over until I gradually build up a collection of dresses in my size.

Here is a dress from that site that I wore to Steve's big annual Christmas dinner party last weekend. That party was a complete blast -- about 100 friends at his club for a really wonderful dinner. It definitely kicked off the Christmas season the right way!



BUT, how am I talking about Christmas parties without telling you how it went over Thanksgiving?? This was Steve's first holiday with my family, and it went really wonderfully. No big surprise, but my family all loves him, and he and my brother hit it off! I was thrilled.



With the fam at mini golf!


Thanksgiving was great -- and it was the first time I've had a family holiday where I exercised every day. On Thanksgiving, Steve, my brother, my niece and nephew, and I all ran the local Turkey trot. I wimped out and did the 2 mile run with my niece (and my brother, who is recovering from a running injury), and Steve manned up to do the 5 miler with my nephew.

Getting ready to run the Turkey trot!


The next morning, I did an hour and 1/2 spin class, and the following day, my brother, Steve, my nephew and I all went for a hike! When I got home, the scale down on the low end of my bounce-range, which was great to see. Not a bad way to come home after a great holiday of seeing my family!

15 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

You look A-MAH-ZING in your dress! so elegant :)

Congrats on fitting all that exercise in during the holiday. I was at Jazzercise on Thanksgiving morning before I cooked the big meal.

I can't wait to see more pics of you in your dresses! :)

trishajo said...

you look SO great in red Catherine!

Amanda Kiska said...

You're a total stud! I agree you look fab in the red dress.

Theresa said...

How exciting!

Kristin said...

You look wonderful as usual! So glad that the holidays were good to you!

MandaPanda said...

Way to keep up the fitness levels in your busy schedule! And might I say, you look absolutely STUNNING in that red dress!!!!

Darlin1 said...

You look beautiful in that red dress!

Jacquie said...

Looking good girl!

Sam said...

I love the dress and you are looking fantastic.

Ms. M said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress! I'm glad you're having such a fantastic time this holiday season. :)

Nora said...

Great dress, Catherine- look at those arms!!!

Dani said...

Red is definitely your colour-what a great idea to rent the dress,I will have to look around to see if we have something similar here:)

Beth Ann said...

Glad you are having so much fun! You look beautiful. :)

Becky said...

That dress rental place sounds like an awesome idea! Way to save big bucks :) You might need it for the rent anyway. Did it end up going up a lot?

speck said...

Great pictures. And I love the fact that the family did the turkey run!