
Soooooooo... I'm on a mission to get 100% back in the saddle on my workout schedule and to get myself in the best possible bikini shape for my trips to Abaco and Cabo San Lucas during the next few months. On Tuesday, I went to Ph-y-s-i-que 57 with Marjorie, and ... OMG!!! I am so freaking sore!!! The workout is kind of a combination of pilates and ballet, and you do all of these very small movements ... along with pushups, these squats where you have a dodgeball between your knees and have to squeeze it as tightly as you can, and much more.
Yesterday, despite that I was pretty stiff, I made it to Soul Cycle. I got in a great workout, and stretched for quite a while afterwards. But this morning.... I was still so sore from Ph-y-sique! I took a hot bath wih lavendar epsom salts, which seems to have helped and am going to stretch some more through the day.... because tonight, I'm back at Soul Cycle again.
It feels so good to be back in action -- and I am being careful not to over-do it. I'm just sore in that "wow - I really worked out hard" way, not in the "hmm, maybe I pulled a muscle" way!
Amy had a really interesting post yesterday about why she thought the band worked for her, even though it doesn't get everyone to goal. Basically, it all boiled down to her being ready. For me, the same is true. The band worked for me because I was ready to make changes to my life (even if I did make some of them -- like incorporating exercise into my life -- slowly). It also worked because the band let me be successful at losing weight, and I found that really encouraging, and it motivated me to keep making changes and improvements along the way.
I also know from experience that you don't have to be perfect the whole time for the band to work. You just have to follow the rules more often than not and keep trying to work exercise into the mix until you find something you like and can stick with. The important thing is not to give up. Or, if you do give up, to remotivate and get back on the wagon.

9 comments:
Isn't it nice that getting into shape for a vacation is no longer Mission Impossible!?! Enjoy your workouts:)
Great and encouraging post!
I hope to get my ok to start exercising again in the middle of march and then I will be back to the gym! We are going to Key West for Steve's birthday in mid-April and I too want my body "tankini" ready!
That's awesome that you're so motivated again! I think definition needs to be given to the band "working." Did it work for me? I lost 70 lbs that I know I couldn't lose on my own. But since I'm not at goal, am I failure? I don't think so. Depends on perspective. You're gonna be hot in that bikini this year!
Your thoughts on why the band works are so reassuring to read as I approach my surgery date. After almost 7 months of reading everyone's blogs, many who constantly struggle with the necessary changes, planting that seed of doubt, I think a lot about being ready to make the necessary changes and I am always inspired by your success.
Yours is the first blog I found and I read if from the beginning. You are still my number one inspiration. Thanks for continuing to blog and have fun on your trips rockin your bikini bod.
I'm headed on a Caribbean cruise for a week at the end of March and I am 9 lbs over my goal weight, so I am BOUND and determined to lose it. I want my cute Lilly Pulitzer dresses to fit properly!!! I'm sure you will be in perfect shape and you'll have a great time!
Stop trying to motivate me! Fine...dammit...I'll workout. You happy now??
Cabo is soooo a good reason to "shred". You go girl.
I think I just lost my previous comment...but basically I said great motivating post that has pushed me to get back into the gym...good for you for stepping it up...
Loved this post!! I can feel your high energy. You are going to be in fantastic shape and rocking that bikini.
Post a Comment