Monday, February 6, 2012

Back in Action!!

With Steve at his annual Christmas Dinner (yes that dress is from R-e-nt the Run--w-a-y!)

Hi!! I've missed you guys! I've been reading your blogs, but my home computer completely died on me, so I haven't been abe to post! I'm writing this now on my new A-s-u-s Z-e-nb-o-ok -- it's 2.8 pounds and faster than my last computer. Am loving it so far!

Things are good here. I had a 1 1/2 month hiatus from my usual workout schedule because I was having trouble with my IT band in my right leg being too tight. Turns out it's fine - - I just have to use a foam roller on it regularly to loosen up the muscle, and I readjusted my bike at spinning. The whole problem might have been caused by my seat being a notch too high.

I still worked out during the 1.5 months, I just hit yoga here and there and also tried another trendy workout here called Ph-y-s-i-que 57. It was good, but I like spin better! Am so happy to be back in there. And, surprisingly, I didn't gain any weight during my time off. I watched the scale like a hawk (I get on once a day -- pre-shower, post-loo) and just made adjustments to my diet if it was up a bit. This has been my maintenance strategy all along, and it works really well for me.

Other than that, life is good! Steve and I have two trips lined up -- one to Abaco in the Bahamas next month, and one to Cabo for the wedding of two good friends in May! I can't wait!!

12 comments:

jennxaz said...

you look great! Love the dress. I am a new follower.

Kristin said...

You look fabulous and so glad that you are able to work out again as you prefer!

The trips also sound fantastic!

Lap Band Gal said...

So good to hear from you :) You are totally ADORABLE in that dress!

Dinnerland said...

Good to see you back! Sorry I missed the brunch, I was hoping to see some photos from that... you look fab and so happy.
I am glad to see all is good.

MandaPanda said...

You look so fantastic!!! I'm glad you've found a maintenance plan that works really well for you.

Elizabeth said...

Hottie!!! :)

Rhonda said...

Glad you're feeling better and that you figured out what the issue was. Can't wait to hear about all the travels this year. :)

Nora said...

Ah, maintenance sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to figure out what was wrong with your IT band and remedy it.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I shall await pics of you looking gorgeous on your upcoming trips!

MB said...

Beautiful dress for a beautiful girl!

Gilly said...

Stylish AND smart! Nice combo!

Lisa said...

You look stunning in that dress! I am not sure if you remember me, but I sent you a note awhile back last year after reading your letter to your old self. It made me cry reading it because it resonated so much with me. Well - you inspired me to start this journey and I wanted to report, I am officially banded as of Friday last week. I just wanted to thank you!!! I have been reading your blog for awhile and you are such an inspiration!