I am behind! I have fun things to report! :) Over the Fourth of July, Steve and I went up to the Adirondack mountains to visit with his family and some friends who were up in the area. We went up on Tuesday afternoon, which made for an awesome extend-o-weekend!
-
One of the nicest parts of the weekend was that his parents threw a cocktail party to celebrate our engagement and the arrival of their new granddaughter (who is adorable)! That was just so nice, and made me feel so welcome. (They also had me in the family Christmas card picture! An honor to be sure!!) :)
-
Steve and I also went camping with four friends at a lean-to on a lake. We hiked during the day a bit, then rowed Adirondack guide boats (photo below) out to the lean-to in the afternoon.
The lean-to where we and four friends camped one night!

We weren't roughing it too, too badly. Yes, that IS a bottle of
Veuve Clicot rose in nature's finest wine cooler! :)

Below is a photo of Steve, with our friend A, in the lean-to. You can see that the bottom is covered in pine branches, which smells like Christmas, and is very soft and comfortable to boot! We just camped one night, which was perfect -- and the organization that owns the lean-to also put an environmentally friendly loo just a hop away (no running water, but it was a wooden structure with a door that closed... and toilet paper... whew...)! So, it was rustic and beautiful, but not uncomfortable (or unduly gross!)!

Steve's dad gave me my first ever
Spork in honor of our camping trip! I used it constantly! I was enjoying a very nice red wine, some steak and a baked potato when this was taken! Happily, I did not get stuck on the steak!
Here is my FIANCE (still getting used to that word!), rowing one of the guide boats we took out to the site.I was thinking about this trip and wondering what it would have been like to do at my heaviest weight. I'm sure I would have still done it, but it would have been a LOT harder. The hike we did was really easy -- only an hour, followed by sitting on the top and having a leisurely lunch. I am sure I would have found it really tough and been struggling to keep up.
I also don't think I would have been able to row the boat all the way to the lean-to (which I did -- and it was pretty far, not to mention really windy). I surely would have let my friend take over the oars, and I probably would have felt badly that I was heavier than her, and that she was stuck rowing me. Also, I wonder how well I would have fit in the seat. As it was, I did the hike just fine, I'm the one who rowed all the way out to the lean-to, and I didn't even THINK about my weight the whole time. How things have changed. Total NSV.
9 comments:
Two posts in a row! I'm so happy for you!
The camping trip looked like tons of fun!! Yay for not getting stuck on steak. ;)
what an awesome time you had! I love camping and I agree it would have rough heavier, I could not see me even now in a canoe, although I want to be again some day.
Alan and I went canoeing a lot when we first met when I was 125 pounds!
Great pics thanks for sharing!!
FUUUUN!! Thanks for sharing!
XO
Looks like a great trip! Awesome to be doing something fun and not even thinking about your weight!
First, CONGRATULATIONS to you on your engagement. I've been a follower for a long time - way back to Peter Pan and have enjoyed your wonderful story unfolding and seeing you discover your Prince Charming! I love it when good stuff happens to good people! Now I can't wait to watch the whole wedding plans unfold. You should start a reality show! haha!
Your camping pictures look just so peaceful. What a beautiful place!
That sounds like so much fun! I'm so happy for you that you're out living life and enjoying yourself so much. The best things happen when you take a break from blogland, as sad as that is to admit. lol
I love camping, and I can't imagine how much more I might now that I'm thinner! You got me considering an outing with my men now... :)
And not getting stuck on steak? Oh my goodness... that must have been the best thing ever.
OMG - Gorgeous. This makes me miss Washington and all its trees.
You know one of the many things I love about you and your blog?? You never cease to forget how far you have come and appreciate all your efforts as well as your band. Way to keep perspective!
XO!
Yay Catherine!! The engagement story was awesome and call me shallow, but I cannot wait to see that ring picture.
I love me some diamond pix!!!
Post a Comment