I'm holding my hand up in this photo because I tripped over a bag that *ahem* some cute guy *ahem* left at the bottom of our brick front stairs and hit my ankle and wrist. My wrist blew up and is now a lovely shade of yellow... but it's fine. I'd done that (stone cold sober, I might add) on the way to the beach that day...
OMG, Becky. A friend took a two photos of me and Steve at the beach out in the Hamptons last weekend, and I like 'em both. I am pretty sure these are the first photos of me in a bikini where I am not just OK with the picture, but affirmatively like them both. Who knew that would happen?! It wasn't even on my list of stuff to look forward to.
-
We are both wearing Lilly Pulitzer bathing suits. Did you just throw up a little? Mission accomplished! Hey, at least they don't match. ;)

I'm still really struggling to get to the gym enough this summer. My weight is OK -- I'm still hovering at my goal, but I can feel the small difference between having a few more pounds off and feeling a little more muscled. It's weird, because when I was fat and going up the scales, I don't think I noticed the gain as much as I do now. I also know that I felt a lot worse about it then than I do now, because now I know both how to get it off and that I can do it if I get a bit more focused.
-
In other news.... I GOT MY RING LAST NIGHT!!! I can't post a photo just yet ... I need to show it to my family and a few friends before I put it on-line, and I also want to make sure that Steve won't mind if I do that. But it's gorgeous, and I love it. I know that I got to pick out the setting (and it's the one I posted a link to a few months ago (though not from that overpriced store b/c we're not crazy), but I didn't fully appreciate just how beautiful it was going to be, or how incredible it would feel to get to wear it, know it's mine, and know that it means that this adorable guy I'm head-over-tea kettle for seriously wants to marry me. Good stuff!!
We're heading up to the Adirondacks this weekend.... going to see his family and scope out what I think will be our preferred wedding venue location!! So excited. :)

14 comments:
you look fabulous, and I can't wait to see the ring! SO happy for you :)
You look fantastic! I cannot wait to see the ring!
So happy for you!! And you look amazing. :)
Love the pics and am so happy for you! xoxox
Lol. I thought you were holding your hand up showing off the ring before I started reading. You are looking fantastic and can't wait to see pictures and hear the planning reports. I'm totally thrilled for you. xx
Very exciting-- I can't wait to see it. You look terrific and fit as always...
And by the way: it was my 10th wedding anniversary this past weekend, and I still love my ring and enjoy it almost as much as day 1!
I'm willing to bet that you'll treasure this important gift for a long time b/c it carries so much meaning...
As for weight/ exercise: I want to tell you to enjoy yourself and your wedding planning and also keep up the exercise. I believe you can do both super-Cath!
How fabulous and exciting! Can't wait to see the ring.
You look wonderful in your bikini; think how much more wonderful the next shots will be with that ring sparkling on your finger.
You're cute. I want to sit on your back and ride you like a pony...in a purely nonsexual way.
HA HA at Amy W.
Seriously though, I think the whole "liking your own bikini pics" idea is a HUGE NSV! :) Well done! I'm still struggling with that myself.
Gorgeous as usual! I'm laughing at the matching preppy suits! What happened to your black bikinis? :) Can't wait to see the ring.
Yay Catherine!!!
You both look fabulous! I just want to wish you continued happiness. That man of yours knows how to please his love..as do you. Enjoy the great things life offers the two of you. Don't let the wedding planning spoil one moment.
The party will be will be great..The celebration is because two wonderful people have fallen in love and want to make a lifetime commitment. Enjoy! mom
You both look fabulous! I just want to wish you continued happiness. That man of yours knows how to please his love..as do you. Enjoy the great things life offers the two of you. Don't let the wedding planning spoil one moment.
The party will be will be great..The celebration is because two wonderful people have fallen in love and want to make a lifetime commitment. Enjoy! mom
Great beach day and congrats on getting the ring in the setting you've wanted! That's a special thing! And you look awesome - all the hard work and working out paying off continually in new ways!
Post a Comment