Monday, August 20, 2012

Catching up!

It's been such a busy summer, and I am woefully behind on catching up with my blog! I want to tell you guys about the trip that Steve and I took to Hilton Head, SC for my dad's 70th b-day celebration.... but since someone didn't charge her camera battery before the trip, I'm going to see if I can get in some photos before I post!

In other news, earlier this month, Steve and I had dinner with the wonderful Nora and her husband, here in NYC! We had a fantastic time! I love those two, and it's always fun to hear about their latest news and travels. Steve and Kenny hadn't met before, and they totally hit it off!
With Nora at Hearth, here in NYC
I'm not sure if I blogged about this, but I met Nora before her surgery. We had lunch and really hit it off. It is so much fun for me to get to see her looking so amazing and wonderful. She has lost more than 130 pounds and is really enjoying her life. If you haven't checked out her blog yet, be sure to -- there is a link in the 2nd paragraph of this post.

How great is it that so many of us have made close friends through this process? It's such a fantastic fringe benefit, and one that I did not at all expect!

9 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Isn't Nora AWESOME!?!? I loved meeting up with her in London in February. :) So glad that you all had such a fun time.

jennxaz said...

I love meeting other banders! How cool!

Beth Ann said...

You both look gorgeous!

Theresa said...

OMG! Nora looks amazing! As do you!
What a great community of support we have here!

DiZneDiVa said...

Beautiful ladies!

Kathy said...

Wow, both of you look gorgeous.Nora is even more beautiful than she was before...if possible...she is positively radient. How is the house hunting and buying going for her? You are both so slim and lovely. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Wow, both of you look gorgeous.Nora is even more beautiful than she was when I met her,if possible. She is positively radient.Is the house hunting? Decorating etc or just the shear Joy of getting settled with Kenney? Yeah for bandsters! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Wow, both of you look gorgeous.Nora is even more beautiful than she was when I met her,if possible. She is positively radient.Is the house hunting? Decorating etc or just the shear Joy of getting settled with Kenney? Yeah for bandsters! Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

You both look amazing! So wonderful to meet other bloggers!