Since I posted last, a few things have happened. My dad and step-mom were in town for a very successful meeting with Steve's parents, and we had a heck of a good time. We went to see some Jazz at Lincoln Center (which is actually in the Time Warner Center...), had a great b-day dinner with my friends, and even made it up to MOMA for a spin and a fabulous lunch!
My mom arrived the following day for an extended Thanksgiving stay (just over a week), I cooked up a storm on Thanksgiving (Steve and Marjorie joined us for a fun dinner), and we had a great time relaxing and seeing Argo, which was off-the-charts good.
Unfortunately, I found out that my step-brother, Robert, died unexpectedly on Thanksgiving. He hadn't been feeling well, and had not made it to the doctor yet, and then unexpectedly died. I did not know him very well (our parents married about 10 years ago, long after we'd both moved from home), but I am very fond of his mom and of his young daughter, who is ridiculously cute and adorable. My heart really goes out to my step-mom, my dad and Robert's family and friends. It is so sad. He also has a new baby girl with his current girlfriend, which just adds to the sadness of this.
I'll post more later -- Steve and I had our Christmas Party (really, it's his annual party... I just get honorary co-host status as the fiance!) last weekend, and we got some really nice photos. I just would not feel right adding a party post to this sad news, so I'll post about it separately later on.
7 years ago

11 comments:
Sad to hear about your step brother...sounds like he was young. Must have been hard on his mom, especially over the holidays. Can't wait to see pics of the party..you always look smashing!
I'm sorry for your loss.
So sorry for your loss. So hard to see young people die. I am glad you got to spend such nice time with family over the holidays.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your bother! Hugz
XO
Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family over the holidays, but I am sorry to hear of your loss. It's always hardest when least expected and particularly being so young....thinking of you and your family. x
So sorry for your loss - I'm thinking of you and your family.
I'm so sorry...
So sorry for your loss.
so sorry for your loss, prayers and hugs!
You look beautiful and sooo happy. I'm so happy for you.
Sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment