Monday, April 1, 2013

Mini-Bachelorette in Houston!

For Easter weekend, I went to Houston to see my dad and step-mom, and for a mini-bachelorette party with my best friend from college, her sister (who is also a very good friend of mine), and our friend G, all of whom are a complete blast!  

The weekend started out with some really great family time -- a day of shopping with my step-mom, followed by dinner with my dad, step-mom and two of their friends at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Houston! 

The next morning, we went to the 2nd b-day of my step-mom's granddaughter at.... Chu-c-k E C-h-ee-se.  OMG..  It was sensory overload, but the kids had a fantastic time, and I did, too!  (Can you just imagine me climbing into this truck at my start weight??  I nearly broke it as it was!!)


That night (Saturday) was my Houston bachelorette party!  Grace picked me up in the afternoon, and we got to catch up a bit and get ready before we met up with our other two friends to head to the hotel!
 
A little pre-dinner bubbly at our hotel... 
 Cabbing it to Uchi, which was nothing short of fabulous.





 

 Dinner was amazing!  I definitely recommend checking out Uchi if you are in Houston.  The ham and egg (pork belly roll with a yolk dipping sauce) was out of control, and their caramelized Brussels sprouts were incredibly delicious (and I don't even usually like Brussels sprouts)!

 Most of all, though, it was so nice to see my friends.  They seriously spoiled me!!  I was so touched that they had planned such a great night for me, and had so much fun celebrating and catching up with them!  The wedding is getting so close ... just 2 1/2 months away!  And my shower is next weekend.  :)

Group photo! 
 

11 comments:

Theresa said...

How fun! Wow 2 1/2 months, it's happening so quickly! Glad you had a great weekend. Happy Easter!

Lap Band Gal said...

Omg!! So fun! Looking AMAZING my friend :)

Cheri said...

So, did you notice a spike in your stats the last few days by any chance? lol That was me reading your blog from start to finish over spring break! :-) I'm getting banded in a week. LOVED reading your blog, and so happy for you.

Btw...my fear at Chuck E Cheese when my kids were little was if they got lost in those tubes, and I'd have to go in after them!

Darlin1 said...

Fuuuuuun!!

Enjoy every moment!

XO

jennxaz said...

chuckee cheese wears me out! Whoa boy..so much fun for kids! You look fantabulous and I can't believe its only 2 1/2 months away..you must be psyched!

The Paris Chronicles said...

You look so serene for someone whose wedding is fast-approaching! Enjoy every moment!

Judi said...

WOO HOO! What a great kick-off to all of the wonderful festivities you will be enjoying these next 2 1/2 months. As always, you look stunning!
Onward!
Judi

Roo said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time catching up with family and friends...and the pre-wedding events start...2.5 months will go very quickly..enjoy every minute of it! x

RockBand Barbie said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time!! You look amazing :)

Kelly said...

SO much fun! You oontinue to look fabulous and glowing! The ladies' nights are the best...in fact, my girls and I are going out again this year, hoping to make it an annual night out. Enjoy this precious time...it goes by so quickly. :-)

Sarah said...

A little late in commenting, but you look like you had a BLAST! Congrats ahead of time... can't believe it is 2+ months away!!! xoxoxo ~Sarah