Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CHECK!

It's official!!  All the things I was looking forward to about being banded have happened!!  Here is a link to my pre op journal, in which I wrote out the things I hoped would be positives of banded life.  It's official that they all have indeed been positives -- and the negatives were so much less significant than I ever imagined.

Tonight, I came home from dinner with two very good friends, wearing a tailored black sheath dress ("better clothes") and heels ("hello more heels!"), after a day where I did not have any negative thoughts about my weight, was comfortable in my skin, and fit everywhere, including wrapped in a normal-sized towel.  And, a friend had sent me this photo, in which I can say with confidence that I do not look fat.   Wow!!


The wedding was wonderful -- so much fun, so personal, so filled with joy, and we were surrounded by our loved ones for the whole weekend.  And, as icing to the cake, we got incredible weather during an otherwise cold and rainy week!  More to follow on the wedding and honeymoon!!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so thrilled for you!!! Congratulations ... You look simply stunning and more importantly, HAPPY!!! Can't wait to hear more but even if you don't post again, the smile on your face is the whole story!!!

Xoxoxo xoxoxo ~ Sarah

speck said...

Great success story. It's proof that this tool does work and you have definitely taken advantage of it.

:)

Kelly Rodriguez said...

I am so over-the-moon excited for you! Congratulations to you both! Looking forward to following the next phase. :-)

Kelly
www.yunbesote.com

Vanessa said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats such a beautiful bride!

Steph said...

You were a lovely bride from the photos on Facebook and what a cool honeymoon to boot. I loved the safari videos! You both have a whole new life together to enjoy and I am so very happy for you!

Judi said...

GORGEOUS! That picture is just amazing!!! *We want more, we want more!*
Congrats to you.....on EVERYTHING! Dreams coming true stories are the best!
Be forever happy sweetie!
Onward!
Judi

Dinnerland said...

You look radiant in the picture, so happy for you!

The Paris Chronicles said...

Félicitations à vous deux! Tu es ravissante et ta robe sublime! Que votre vie de mariée soit remplie de joie et bonheur.

Darlin1 said...

Wow....Radiant is the right word! I too want to see more pictures.

Congratulations
XO

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Catherine you guys look so happy :)

Cheri said...

You look gorgeous - you both look so happy. :-) So very very happy for you. :-)

Louie said...

Catherine, I want to send my congrats and good wishes! I can see that your banded journey has been a good one! Keep on posting - my sister and I look forward to reading your blog! It keeps us both encouraged.

MB said...

I love this picture, and I am so happy for you, Catherine!

Beth Ann said...

So very lovely!

MandaPanda said...

Just catching up. Congratulations on your marriage! So happy for you! You look gorgeous!!!!

Mary said...

Im catching up from a LONG TIME of not being on here! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I got married too on May 19th 2013! I love how happy you look in your pic! I cant wait to hear more!