I just got back from a week of meetings in California. I flew out on Friday, was in San Diego until Wednesday, then in San Francisco from Wednesday night until Saturday morning. What was I doing? Lots of wining and dining of clients and prospective clients.
 |
| The ladies' room at Bang Bang in San Diego -- covered in Gosling! |
What wasn't I doing? Working out -- and I didn't have access to my scale. I really rely on my scale to keep me on top of my weight. If it's a little up, I make better food choices that day, and if it's a little down, I let myself have a treat if I am in the mood. One solid week of no scale and lots of eating out is definitely not good for my maintenance plans.
 |
| Some San Francisco Scenery |
This morning, my scale was at 161.4. That's SIX POUNDS over my goal. I also haven't seen the 160s for a really long time -- probably a few years -- and it freaked me out.
Am I surprised? Honestly, with checking my scale every day and reining it in if I have a splurge day, it's very easy for me to stay right at my goal weight. I wouldn't have been shocked to be up 2-3 pounds, but to be up so much that I'm in a different 10-pound range?! I was not expecting that. Then again, after a week of unbridaled eating, I really shouldn't be so surprised.
 |
| Papaya salad and pho at The Slanted Door in San Francisco (which was followed by cheese at another spot, and ice cream at another... my biggest splurge eating day.... is it any wonder the scale is not friendly today?) |
This is no tragedy, it's just time for me to check back in (hence this post) and get on top of it before that six pounds has a chance to inch up to ten. I'm going to do light yogurt for breakfast every day, make healthy choices for my other meals, and get in some good exercise this week. I'll check back in to let you know how it's going.
Oof. I hope all my clothes still fit!
2 comments:
I've just finished reading your entire blog from beginning to end :-) so was elated to see you have just posted, sorry to hear about the gain but with your determination I'm sure you will have that under control in no time.
I am at the beginning of my journey and have posted that I've read your blog, but asked a question at the end. If you have time, would you stop by and answer it. TIA xx http://bandaidblogger.blogspot.co.uk/
Right there with you after my cruise... Still working at those last 5! Hang in there! Xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment