I'm feeling a little better, since I've seen 159.8 on the scale for two days running. I've been trying to be good about my food choices, and I also ate very light dinners both nights, which is helpful to me (especially since I got home from work after 9 both nights).
Yesterday, I ordered lunch from a really great, super-healthy spot. I got a dish that combined grilled salmon, mango, radish, kale and brown rice ... Gwynneth would have approved.... And for a treat, I got slow-cooked apples, which were delicious. The place I ordered from is of the type that advertises that its brownies are made with cage-free eggs... you get the idea. So, you can imagine that I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED (!!!) when my beautiful, smug-healthy-person lunch showed up and there was a freaking Butterfinger candy bar in the bag!!! WTH?!?
Seriously?!? Are the forces of nature working against me?? I have to believe that one of the workers at this spot accidentally dropped the candy bar in there (or maybe it's a prank to de-rail the smug-healthy eaters of this world??). Needless to say, Butterfingers are my favorite candy bar, and I didn't even pretend to myself that I wasn't going to eat it. In fact, I savored that thing and stretched out the treat the entire afternoon. Hence the scale not moving this morning, despite that I barely ate any dinner. Oh well. Today is a new day, and I begin again...
7 years ago


2 comments:
wtf dude! Seriously! I would have eaten it too...but I would have pretended for like 20 mintues or so that I WASN'T going to eat it.
Those jerks! I feel the same way when drug reps show up with lunch for my office, after being told to bring a healthy meal, with salad, chicken, fruit...and a platter of cookies. Not just cookies, but oatmeal cookies...my favorite. Ugh! You're doing great though!
Post a Comment