Tomorrow is Halloween, and in honor of my new future as a band-it, I agreed to go to a masque ball with a few friends. So. . what does that have to do with being banded? Well. . it's a black tie event, which means that I will get to wear a really fantastic dress that was a particularly extravagant purchase . . . and that I hope not to fit into ever ever again just a few months from now!In true band-candidate fashion, I have absolutely no full photos of myself [pretty much ever, and not even] in this lovely, floor length gown. Maybe I'll take a few tomorrow night for posterity's sake. Until then, here are two photos that I have that don't even come close to doing it justice.
The dress is about 7 layers of whisper-thin midnight blue silk. It is floor length, has a slit on one side, and has an empire waistline with a very special sleeve that has a beaded detail. Sorry, dear lovely dress, but I hope that I'll never be able to wear you again after tomorrow night!
You can see the great neckline and the beading on the sleeve in the photo above -- pretty!The one below is really just for fun. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment