Friday, October 31, 2008

8 Days Post-Op (Happy Halloween!)

I've noticed a few things about how I'm feeling and figured it was worth blogging about. At this point I:

* Still have a wee bit of shoulder pain, but nothing like what I had right after surgery
* Am sleeping great -- no problems sleeping on my tummy
* Took off the steri-strip on my top scar last night
* Have some soreness around the port site
* Have pain every time I try to burp (nothing intolerable, it's just really uncomfortable)
* Am SO irritated because my new scale isn't working this morning and I really wanted to weigh myself
* Feel some hunger during the day. Yesterday I was seriously hungry at lunch time
* Am getting more creative on my liquids -- last night, I bought a small chile from Smoothie King and blended it until it was totally smooth. I ate it with some fat free yogurt and it was dee-lish! This morning, I made a smoothie by putting a banana in the blender with some skim milk -- very yummy.
* Am totally over choking down nasty, gross protein shakes and am all over the ISOPURE sports-drink-like protein drink with zero carbs and zero sugar. I bought a bunch at GNC last night, so hopefully my hair will stay put!

OK . . going to try the scale again . . grrrrrrrrr! It better work! :) (Just checked it and it doesn't -- What the heck? It's brand new with new batteries! Anyone know the secret to Homedic digital scales?)

No comments: