I am 71.6 pounds down as of this morning!!! Holy mother of amazingness, people. I am OFFICIALLY no longer overweight and my BMI is now in the "ideal zone"!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!
So, what does this mean? Well, I've lost a lot of things. . . for example. . .
SEVENTY POUNDS!!;
Compartmental syndrome;
Not liking how my body looks;
Being worried about having to take the middle seat on an airplane (not that I want to sit there now. . worst spot on the plane!);
The inability to shop wherever I like;
Having my feet kill within moments of wearing heels;
Feeling less attractive;
Berating myself about my weight every single day;
Avoiding seeing old friends and colleagues because I didn't want them to see how much weight I'd gained;
Being uncomfortable in a bathing suit;
Compartmental syndrome;
Not liking how my body looks;
Being worried about having to take the middle seat on an airplane (not that I want to sit there now. . worst spot on the plane!);
The inability to shop wherever I like;
Having my feet kill within moments of wearing heels;
Feeling less attractive;
Berating myself about my weight every single day;
Avoiding seeing old friends and colleagues because I didn't want them to see how much weight I'd gained;
Being uncomfortable in a bathing suit;
Worrying about what health problems my weight would ultimately bring;
AND SO MUCH MORE THAT I WON'T MISS A BIT!!
Let's do a perspective check, shall we?!?
I LOST THIS CUTE DOG (I love how worried he looks. . . no puppy, I just lost your weight. . you are fine!)

WHERE OH WHERE IS MY BACKPACK?!?!? Oh wait. That's right! I lost the equivalent IN POUNDS of this monstrosity off of my entire body!! Can you just imagine carrying that thing around every day? Apparently, that's what I was doing!

OMG. . . . . HAS ANYONE SEEN MY EMU?? No, wait. I mean. . . has anyone seen the emu-sized amount of fat that I took off my body in the past 15 months with the help of my band?! No? Good!! Awesome & good riddance!!! Plus, emus are creepy. . :)
Now people. You didn't REALLY think I could possibly do this post without showing you a 70 pound fish, now did you?!?! I didn't think so!!!!! Well, here goes. . . .
I feel so incredibly blessed and grateful to have been able to hit this milestone. I didn't think I could feel better than when I hit fifty, but I absolutely do. I have tears in my eyes as I am typing this because I had so much hope about getting to this point, but it was so hard for me to comprehend that it was really possible and that it would happen -- even though intellectually I knew that it was.
ONLY 3.4 MORE POUNDS TO GET TO GOAL. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

34 comments:
Congratulations, you are a total inspiration. You look amazing, I want so much to be were you are!
Tessie
"Band me Baby!"
Crud! I calculated the BMI thing wrong. . I'm actually still at 25.65 and 25 and under is ideal! Oh well. . am close anyway!!
Ok, almost not even "overweight". I couldn't be happier for you.
You are NORMAL sized, HEALTHY weight! 25 point anything counts in my book! Plus my surgeon's office just told me they believe anything under 30 is "healthy"! You are totally there!
YEA!!! CONGRATS!!! THIS WAS SO FUNNY!!!
AND YOU LOOK AMAZING IN THE RED DRESS!!!!
Congratulations!
I wanted to stop in and say how do you do - I'm working my way through multiple blogs and yours is one that caught my eye. What a great first post of yours to read.
Congratulations - and I agree with others, 25.65 is still 25!
Wow! Thank you for all the comparisons- it really puts things into perspective. I am so glad that you don't have to walk around carrying an emu anymore!!!
You are almost there, Catherine! I am so excited for you! I love the list of things you won't miss - these are all things I am looking forward to saying goodbye to. <3
The pictures are a hoot... and eye-opening too. Congratulations, you're SOOOO close!
You are so close to your goal and look just awesome!! Thank you for your wonderful inspiration.
Awesome!I predict you'll hit goal very, very soon. So inspiring and you looked beautiful at the ball.
congrats! great comparisons!
Catherine! You are such a HUGE I mean SKINNY inspirtation :)
You rock!
http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/
Congratulations Catherine - I love you references!
Congratulations! I just couldn't go by with the rest of my day unless I knew what a 70 lb fish looked like. LOL. Your success is just so inspirational to a prebandster like me. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
OMG go you...that is awesome news!!!! By the way you looked amazing in that red dress, thanks for being an inspiration
Cheers to all your hard work in achieving this wonderful accomplishment. You look amazing in your red dress. You have done us all proud ;-)
Congrats!! What a milestone!
Unbelievable! I am so jealous. Good for you and and all of your hard work.
Catherine - I am so excited for you!!! Yippee!!! And what amazing milestones... who cares if you're a tad over on the BMI - you're going to get there - in fact, I would wager a guess by most doctors thoughts, you're completely healthy now! Yippee! And thanks so much for allowing us to come on this journey with you.
Wow! You're doing great! Very funny about the emu... :)
How many times have I said this very same thing on your blog! Catherine you rock!
THAT IS AWESOME GIRL!!!! WAY TO GO! WOOHOO!
Congratulations! I just sealed up my deposit envelope and will be mailing to Dr. Kuri in MX tomorrow!
Reading your blog has been such an inspiration to me! You go girlfriend!!!!!
Thank you guys for all of your nice messages!! Jill and Manda, yours made me laugh! Glad you liked the emu and fish! :)
Jacquie, congratulations on your decision!
enjoy your success!
Fantastic! Fab and all worda that eman over the top great wonderful etc you are all of these things.. I know how hard you have worked and how careful you have been to get the right amt of protine each day..I am proud for you. Wonderful b'day present! Me
Congratulations....you are a true inspiration and I can't believe that you were not out of the overweight caterory many months ago. You look fabulous
Wow, Wow, wow. To hear you put it like that is amazing. I mean that's what we all want, to be in that normal, healthy zone.
So cool Catherine!
LOL CONGRATS!!! I LOVE ALL THE 70 plus pound images!! You are awesome!!
Wow...how amazing for you!! Congratulations on all your hard work and success!
Catherine, congratulations!! This is an amazing accomplishment. I am so impressed with where you've arrived, particularly with how you lived your life the whole time and to the fullest along the way!
Great changes for you-- and it seems like there is no diet to be detected. Hope for us all...
PS: Would you mind posting a day or 2 of what you eat typically ? I am extremely curious, if this isn't too intrusive. It would help me to know what I might expect.
Thanks!!!
WOW! I mean, WOW! You have done so well for yourself and in a, relatively, short period of time! Can't wait to see new pics of your body and I cannot believe you're in the "ideal BMI", so happy for you! That is just so amazing! I feel your happiness radiating from your post!
Post a Comment