Monday, June 28, 2010

Spin Me Right Round

I am really enjoying this new spin workout that I've been doing! This studio has much cooler spin classes than I've taken at other gyms, in part because they are so hardcore about it. They turn the lights way down, light candles near the instructor, crank up the music, and manage to give a full-body workout in 45 minutes.

Here is a photo of the studio I've been going to.
On Saturday, I had an incredibly active day. I was surprised that I actually wanted to do this, but I got up in time to make an 8:45 a.m. spin class, then got home, changed (and made myself presentable) and went to my usual 10 a.m. yoga class. It was a really intense workout -- and I probably should have had more water inbetween, but aside from a few seconds of a foot cramp, I was fine!

Here is the inside of one of the studios at the place where I go -- but I don't think it's my location.
Once I showered and changed, I went out for a great brunch with my friend Don, who is still in town visiting. After that, I did a quick jaunt to pick up a birthday present for my friend Monica, had a mani/pedi and a quick massage, then made it up town to meet Monica and a bunch of other people to watch the World Cup. And I did all of that by 3 p.m.!

On Sunday, I had to work all day (wah!), which is why I had wanted to pack so much in on Saturday. But, I made it out for a morning spin class and really enjoyed it. I did have a few splurge things to eat this weekend (steak, chocolate, etc.), but with all that working out, I was still surprised to see that my scale was up a little this morning. I wonder if it's due to the food or to building some more lean muscle mass. Hopefully the latter!


10 comments:

THE DASH! said...

2 lots of workouts? Are you mad, woman lol. Actually, its really great, and I'm jealous. I would be thankful to just get through one intact.
Brunch sounded fun too!

Sarah said...

Wow Catherine... you're amazing! Sounds like a great (and intense) weekend... hopefully the later as well on the weight!

Kristin said...

The scale is just talking back from all that working out. It'll turn around in no time! Sounds like a heck of a Saturday, sorry you had to work on Sunday. The life of a high-powered New York lawyer! xoxo

Island Bandit said...

wow. i aspire to be a lean mean workout machine like you are! Sounds fun, actually.
I briefly chatted with the two personal trainers who'll be torturing (er working with) me during my 12 week pre-op programme and the first thing the guy said to me was i want to warn you now not to get discouraged. he explained the whole muscle being more dense and therefore heavier than fat and said don't worry about the scale, focus on your clothes and measurements when this happens. i'm sure this is what's happening with you.
Oh yeah... triple POO to having to work all day Sunday!

Gilly said...

That's muscle, baby! Where I work out, we have bikes in the studio, but no spin class...it's weird. Not that I think I'm "there" yet...but maybe someday...

Nella said...

the gym looks totally cool! two workouts - you ROCK!

karen said...

Wow from the girl who had a hard time getting herself to start an exercise regime to two back to baack classes -- you're amazing

Inspiration said...

I LOVE spin...it's so great!!! One of my faves! :)

Colls said...

I walked by there on Sunday! It looks awesome! Great workouts Saturdays, kicking ass as usual! <3

Mary said...

Have I ever said how much I LOVE SPIN! Yes I have lol. I Love it so much! its addictive, just as addictive as my new love Zumba! Im glad your liking the spin! its so intense its fun well for some people.