Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fun Week. . . And It's Only Wednesday!

This is shaping up to be a really fun week! I wound up making a lot of plans and have really been enjoying them.

At the rooftop bar at 60 Thomson (a hotel in Soho) last night, wearing my new DVF dress!

On Sunday, I went to my spinning class in the morning, then made this really delicious (!) recipe for pulled pork tacos that requires the pork to be slowly cooked at 300 degrees for 5 1/2 hours. It is so tender and delicious! It did, however, make a TON of food, so I portioned much of it out into Ziplock bags and froze it. (This recipe freezes really well.)

Partly because I made so much food (and partly because I just wanted to see him), I invited C over for dinner on Monday night. I made fresh guacamole, a salad that was just sliced jicama with this spicy honey lime dressing, bought two kinds of very fresh salsa -- one tomato, one pineapple with jicama -- from Whole Foods, and some blue corn chips, and we had a little feast. Everything worked just fine with the band (I just ate one taco, a little guacamole and some jicama). And, of course, it was nice to spend some time with C.

Last night, I met up with Peter, who is one of my very best friends, and who I dated on and off for about 5 years from 1995-2001, starting when we were in law school together. Peter is a great guy and, after all those years, we just really understand one another, so it's always nice to talk with him. (Don't get excited people, he's in a serious relationship with a very nice girl!) :)

With Peter at 60 Thomson
This picture doesn't even do Peter justice. He showed up looking as tan, fit and handsome as I've ever seen him -- honestly, he looked like an Italian movie star. So, between that and my new DVF dress (not to mention the new body. .LOL), we were feeling pretty good! The rooftop bar at this hotel is restricted to guests and members, but not only were we able to (with some effort and a very cute "Please?" on Peter's part) talk our way in, they also gave us the best table, with the best view! So, not only did I have the fun of catching up with my dear friend, I got to do it in snobby Soho style. NICE! :)

The rest of the week should be good, too! I have dinner with another good friend tonight, spin on Thursday, a birthday dinner on Friday for another friend, and am catching up with an old boyfriend who will be in town on Saturday. Am looking forward to all of it!

21 comments:

Sarah said...

What fun!!! You look just beautiful Catherine... love the dress - yay for you! Hope the rest of your week is as enjoyable!!!

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous, and I am so happy you are livin' the dream!

Colls said...

I love the dress, it is gorgeous! I have saved the recipe for the pulled pork tacos - they sound amazing! Thanks for sharing! <3

Ashley said...

I thought you were in your late 20's or early 30's, so just now reading your bio that said you were 39 is unbelievable because you look so good!

Last Option Atty said...

You look great in the DVF dress!! Work it!!! Like everyone else not touching the C part! :-)

Pamela E. Williams said...

You look great and looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the recipe.

LDswims said...

It does sound like a fun week. That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed your visit with Peter and your evening with Chris. And the pulled pork tacos sound great. I like to do my pulled pork in a crockpot on low for 8 hours. The pork just falls apart and I've foud no seasonings needed...just one bottle of beer.

Has anyone told you you look like Kate Beckinsale? (Or maybe she looks like you...) I was watching Pearl Harbor a few weeks ago, just something on as I was doing a workout and I just couldn't help but think 'I know her from somewhere'...and I realized, it was like you were in that movie. Such a beautiful face!

momma2fi said...

Get the HADES out!!! I am soooo green with envy right now!! YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! I have a confession to make. I have a girl crush on you! LMAO!! Well, probably less of a crush and more of looking at you and thinking that maybe I'd be living your glam lifestyle if I were still in NYC, single, and still hanging with the art/grad school crowd, and having access to all the fab shopping. So, admittedly, I live vicariously through you when reading your posts and seeing your pics. I thought of your post the other day of being in the meat packing district, and missing Mexicana Mama restaurant in that area! Not that I don't love my life, I do, but I do miss NYC. The thought of being thinner and being able to fit into designer dresses...Oh sigh.......

Joey said...

I love DVF! You look wonderful in it!

Catherine55 said...

Thanks, you guys!! Glad that you like the dress!

@Ashley -- OK, I love you for saying that! :)

@LDSwims - I don't really look at all like KB, but that is a huge compliment anyway! Thanks! (BTW, "C" stands for something other than "Chris" . . mysterious, no?) :)

@Momma2Fi - I can tell from your posts that you loved life in NYC and lived it up here! Hope to see you up here one of these days!

Nella said...

Sounds like a sweet week so far! Gorgeous, you, him and the VIEW!

Theresa said...

Wow, you look great! It all sounds great!

Jen said...

I'm drooling over you in that dress in that location with the handsome Italian movie star looking fella. Seriously, you live vicariously through yourself. You're like that Dos Equis beer guy "The Most Interesting Man in the World" guy in the commercials. Awesome!

Janelle said...

Awesome view and cute dress!!

Nicole said...

Great dress. The rooftop bar looks very posh. I tend to shy away from places like that because I feel self-conscious around the beautiful people who are so at home there. A group which you and your hottie friend are definitely a part!

I want to be Catherine when I grow up.

Jess said...

Everytime I think "her life can't be THAT perfectly New York" you prove otherwise. You're such a swankster. (Whatever that is.)

You look gorgeous. And I'm trying the recipe tonight.

Bianca said...

Love the dress and you look great as usual. The recipe sounds scrumptious, thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

I have finished reading your entire blog and I am so thrilled for your success and pumped about my future success! Someone said they had a "girl crush" and I must confess I do too! I love all your eating adventures..I am a foodie and a cook myself! I am excited that my "food life" won't be over!

My husband and I are in NYC in October and staying near Radio City Music Hall. Can you suggest a resturant for us to try while there?

Bonnie said...

You have such an exciting life. Sigh...I want to be you when I grow up - eventhough you are younger than me.

DiZneDiVa said...

I am not sure how I didn't find you until now... Thankfully you were the Boob of the day... Anyway, I am now following you and look forward to meeting you in Chicago... You look amazing! *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Dinnerland said...

How hot are you??? Wow.
Hope we can make plans in the future... enjoy NYC. Your posts make me miss my single life and the fun bars and restaurants of the city. Have a great time you skinny thing.
:-)