Wednesday, November 17, 2010

81!! Out of this world!!

Wow!! I had thought I was done, but the scale is moving once again! And, right in the direction of my aspirational goal! I don't know what is different about what I've been doing. . . except that I didn't get to the gym as much during the past two weeks, so maybe this is a loss of muscle mass?? I did go to spin last night and worked out really hard though, so I'm surprised the scale is down this morning if that is the reason. Who knows?! 148.8 is the new number. It's only 3.8 pounds from my aspirational goal -- and it's 6.2 below my actual goal.

19 comments:

Judi said...

YEAH! Don't try to analyze it Ms. 40 year old Lawyer--just take the verdict!!!
Onward!
Judi
P.S. Loved, loved, loved the party pix...everything was just spectacular (including you!)

Catherine55 said...

Thanks, Judi!! :) That party was such a blast -- and you're right -- less analysis, more celebrating! :)

Pamela E. Williams said...

Wow Congratulations!! I missed wishing you a happy birthday so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like your celebration was FABU!!!!!

Theresa said...

Wow, what a birthday treat! Congrats!

Steph said...

You are so close to 145 you will be there before you know it! I loved the photos from your party and it looks like you had a great time and girl, you were rockin' that dress!! Thanks for the well wishes on my losses too. I don't knwo if I will ever make it to the land of the 140's but I'm going to do my best! :)

Jen said...

First of all, Happy Belated Birthday! 40 looks GOOD on you.
Secondly, way to go!

Sarah G said...

Happy Belated Birthday and Congratulations!!!

LW said...

Catherine: Happy birthday. I just turned 41 and I just got banded last Friday and have been reading lots of blogs during my recovery period. I love yours the best and am reading it daily for inspiration. I have been feeling super emotional and scared about the possibility of failure with my band, as in, if this doesn't work, what will I do? Thanks,

Laura in Baltimore

Tina said...

wahooo...obviously you need to have more parties with sundaes in order to get that scale moving right? :).

Do you think reading about people who get the scale moving agin will rub off on my scale and make it move again? :)

xxxooo

Amanda Kiska said...

YES!!!

Gen said...

OMG Rockstar does not even describe you anymore!

Happy 40th, what a great present!

And thanks for your comments, as always. I really appreciate your thoughts. ;)

Amy W. said...

I swear, when I work out a little less...I lose a little more. Certainly it cant be muscle loss, but maybe we giving our muscles time to repair and thus less water retention based on DOMS? Who knows...but you go girl! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! You deserved it!

Jess said...

Way to go kiddo! =)

Cindylew said...

I'm so happy for you but am confused. Why does everyone think that once they hit their goal that the weight loss will stop??? You are still doing what you've been doing for over a year so why wouldn't the scale keep moving downward? This is why I don't get freaked out about "maintaining" as everyone else seems to. You haven't been on a diet...you're eating small amounts of food that you can tolerate with the band and will likely keep losing until you stop expending more calories than you're taking in.

Jacquie said...

I told you great things are coming your way now that you are 40! Congrats on your continued losses and loved the party pics!

Read said...

Woo Hoo!!! That's great!

Catherine55 said...

OK -- here are my answers to the questions/comments in the posts!

@Stephanie -- Yes, you can, girl!! 75 down and counting!! :)

@Laura -- Stop worrying about if you are going to fail and write out a post-op plan for success. I did one (and posted the whole thing early on my blog), and it really helped me to stay focused. Also, you should think about starting a blog! Mine has really kept me on the right path and offered an incredible amount of support!

@Tina -- absolutely!! I am putting my scale mojo out there into the bandster universe for all of us!!

@Cindylew -- I thought it because I literally did not lose 1/10th of a pound from July 6th to November 3rd! I figured my body was just plain done losing weight, despite that I'd lost almost 6 inches during that time.

@Everyone -- thanks for all of your nice comments!! This really has been the best b-day ever!

kristi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Will follow yours!

Colls said...

You are blowing right past the original goal! Yay! <3