
You got it. I ran into PP yesterday (a.k.a. Peter Pan, a.k.a. my old boyfriend who I haven't seen since July of 2009 (i.e. 30 pounds ago)). I had a really unusual schedule yesterday, in that Marjorie and I decided to see a 10:30 a.m. movie -- the new Harry Potter in IMAX. And, we went to brunch at a restaurant in a neighborhood we normally don't visit for brunch. And, it just so happens that out of all the tables in that large restaurant, they gave us one right in the window.
-
At some point, Marjorie said "That guy looks just like PP," and I looked out and, lo and behold, realized instantly that it was him. I decided at that instant to go outside and say hello, and I did. Maybe it's not that dignified that I ran about half a block to catch up, but that's exactly what I did. He's about to move to Boulder, CO (what is up with these guys all moving to Colorado?!) and I really didn't think I'd see him before he left. That was a little disappointing because I really wanted him to see me thin. So, I got that opportunity yesterday.
-
He was walking with a girl who I knew wasn't his fiancee by her appearance. As I came up to them, I realized that it was his best friend, Wendy (I am not kidding -- that is her REAL name. . too funny, given his nickname -- I only just put that together!)! Wendy was visiting from Australia, and I'd never met her before, though I had heard a lot of good things about her. So, I finally got to meet her. PP greeted me really warmly, gave me kisses on the cheek and a big hug on greeting and departure, and seemed really happy to see me. The whole thing was kind of surreal. He exclaimed (twice) that "you look fantastic!" Thank goodness for my Texas roots. . . I never leave the house without getting ready . . not even for a 10:30 a.m. Harry Potter showing. . .
-
I guess it was kind of bittersweet. I was happy to see him, happy for him to see that I made the band work, and happy to see that he still lights up when he sees me. I'd be dishonest if I said that I wasn't feeling lots of old feelings on seeing him. But he's engaged to someone else now and we just didn't want the same things in life, so I suppose things are better the way they are. Oh well. . . at least I got the fun of showing off my new and improved figure, if nothing more! (He seriously did look stunned -- it was not un-fun!) ;)

23 comments:
I think it's great you got to show off your new bod! Definitely his loss.
So glad you got to show your sassy self off! how good was harry!!
That must be a wonderful feeling! And girl, I'm the same way, it's a southern thing, never leave the house without expecting to run into someone you know. Glad you were looking fabulous when you saw him!
Old boyfriends--Gotta love em. I am glad you had one last chance to see each other and to do so looking your best (even better!). Don't let the woulda, coulda shoulda stuff mess with your head. You will find someone with the same goals in life and it will be even better!! Besides..that Peter Pan/Wendy thing..that would be hard to live with for a lifetime don't you think? :)
I loved your response in the Allan comment interchange below!!
xxxooo
those are the best moments! glad you got to have that opportunity :)
I am smiling big here!! That is so good that you could make him eat his heart out, LOL!!! So a great NSV!!
Enjoy that memory!
Wow -- so, the kicker? I just talked to my friend Erica (her husband is a good friend of PP), and it turns out that PP actually got married a few weeks ago. I guess I am glad I didn't know so that I didn't have to congratulate him.
Yay! You do light up a room. It's amazing to get to see old friends... and boyfriends and let them see the new you! Fantastic! *Maria*
How great to be able to show off your new self!
The ultimate NSV. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, that is awesome! I am sure he is rethinking his choice by now. You are a beautiful woman through and through!
So glad you got the "last word" (visually at least)...and the Colorado thing must be a sign of some sort! Weird.
I have to admit the PP and Wendy connection is hysterical! Good for you to make him drool a bit. The prior poster said it best don't get bogged down in what could or might have been. Keep moving forward knowing something better is out there for you.
Cheers!
Always good to see an ex looking smoking! As a fellow Texan, I can say that never leaving the house without a blowout and mascara has its benefits.
So happy that you got that satisfaction. I know you've likely got tons of feelings racing through your head but rest assured...you haven't met the "one" you're supposed to be with yet. But I thing 2011 will be your year.
I am glad PP got to see what he is missing out on..because girl you are gorgeous!!
The man was no doubt drooling inside: and too tough. It was his loss. You don't need wishy washy you need strong - just like your beautiful self. xxx
glad you got to show off the new bod before he left...and I hope he realises what he has missed out on! :) Definitely a feel good moment, me thinks!
Wow....this whole post was surreal...glad you got through that...hope your heart completely heals soon.
That is the best!!! The stars and planets pretty much had to align for that perfect opportunity. That is the coup de grace of your journey? Happiness is the best revenge.
You look amazing I bet your feel wonderful
Have to agree with Jennifer 'don't get bogged down on what might have or could have been...It is his loss you were always beautiful and if he was too blind to see it pity for him...Wish him joy in his marriage and forget him.
Post a Comment