What a weekend!! My date on Friday with S was so much fun. He took me ice skating at Bryant Park after work, then for drinks at the Algonquin. A 5-hour date that was really off the charts. We talked the whole time, and really have a lot in common. He also told me that he'd been on the wrong track in dating (using his brain, not his heart when deciding who to date. . . an all-too-familiar strategy. . I did the same thing for a long time), but since had realized that wasn't the way to go.
While we were at the Algonquin (Dorothy Parker's old hangout), S asked me to a black tie event for next Saturday. The next day, I found this AMAZING, floor length, black jersey David Meister dress at Bloomies that I absolutely love and took it to be hemmed (I didn't have any floor length dresses that fit anymore). Well. . . OMG (!!!!) it is a size SIX (WHAT?? STOP THE PRESSES!!) So, clearly, God Himself is sending me a sign that he endorses this date! :) (I am so not a six . . it's just the cut, but I'll take it!!)
When I took the dress to be hemmed, the tailor (a very sweet Asian man who did not speak much English said "You look gorgeous - like television star!," and another guy who came in to drop off his dry cleaning said that my date is a "lucky guy" -- and I hope that's an indication of what S's reaction is going to be! Very psyched about all aspects of this -- the guy, the date, the dress, and him already wanting to take me to a super public event that is bound to set off Gossip Girl blasts up and down the Upper East Side. .
BTW, for any newbies who are worried about getting stuck (and it's funny because this was so nothing to me that I almost didn't mention it), I actually got stuck when we were having dinner at the Algonquin. It wasn't a big deal. I always have enough advance notice that getting to the restroom isn't a problem, so I just made my way there, took care of the issue, and got right back to having a great time.
At dinner on Sunday night.
There were 7 of us at the dinner, and I had a really nice time. His friends were really nice and very welcoming. I had a great time (and funny enough, I heard him talking in the kitchen to the wife/hostess when I went to grab a card from my purse, and the wife said "She seems really cool!" . . which I assume was about me, um, like 'cuz I'm so cool & such...ha ha)
Then, the next morning, I woke up to the best e-mail from S ever (suffice it to say that it's the kind of e-mail every girl would love to get after a really good date). It's pretty much the best e-mail I remember receiving from a guy. Seriously. . stick a fork in me. . . Wow. What a great guy -- we really had such a fantastic time all weekend, and I'm wondering if I can call Superman and get him to spin the world around a little faster to get to Saturday. . . :)

31 comments:
I'm so happy for you, he really sounds like a catch! Have fun on Saturday, I'm looking forward to the dress pictures.
That's awesome!
yayyayyay! sounds awesome and so happy for you!!!
I LOVE THIS POST!
Can't wait to see the dress. And hear about this amazing night. Have a fantastic time, and make sure to report back to us ASAP.
This is so exciting I can hardly stand it. How are you getting anything done besides daydreaming?
Ahhh...living life vicariously through you, is good! :)
I am so happy that S is turning out to be a great guy! I think when guys grow up, they realize what and who they really want in their life. They are tired of the games. Good for you and him! I can't wait to see the pictures of you in a size 6!!!!!!!
Love it! You deserve happiness!
What a wonderful weekend! I can't wait to see pics of u in the dress!
YAY!!! I can't think of a more deserving person!!!
OMG! Sounds like quite a catch. Hope you have a wonderful time and make sure you post pics of that dress!
Also can't wait to see the dress----I'm so excited for you!
What a FUN post to read! So happy for you and the great weekend. Can't wait to see dress pics! :)
That is so incredibly awesome! I am so so happy for you! It all sounds just right!
I hope you share pictures of this dress!
I knew it! I am very excited for you Catherine!
Thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog today! Who knows, I followed you to Mexico, if I can only follow you to a size 6!!! Yea, yea, its great about "S" but a 6???? that is so cool!
Can't wait for the details and pictures of the dress! Have fun Cinderella in your 6!
Wow, sounds awesome!! Can't wait to hear what happens next...
Oh I loved this post! It's so happy and hopefully. All of us suburban Moms are eagerly waiting to hear more...
Can't wait to see that dress. Have a great time this weekend.
Love is in the air and it isn't even spring! You sound so happy.
Couldn't be happening to a nicer or prettier or more deserving Chica. This could be "IT".
hey sounds like a really great guy...im happy for you
I am so happy for you. It must be a great feeling to not worry about fitting into a dress for a black tie event. I know you are going to make him drool.
looks like you have found your destiny..
HOW WONDERFUL!!! I am so happy for you Catherine!!! He sounds like a keeper!!
I'm really enjoying your posts! Oh my goodness - I'm excited and I'm not the one going on the date! He sounds like a Prince! Have a blast - you deserve it!
So, so exciting!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of the dress. Ditto the comment about suburban moms. Am so jealous! Have a fabulous time.
Awesome date report! You MUST take pics of the dress! Yay!
LOVE IT! So EXCITED for you xoxo
So so happy for you! You DESERVE IT sunshine!
Can't wait to see your dress! It's so fun getting to designer shop vicariously through you!
And all the juicy gossip is fab. So happy for you!
Heather
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com
It sounds like a great start... You deserve it! Yay! Good guys do exist in real life. I thought mine was the only one...LOL
I am so happy for you. It sounds like the two of you are progressing along nicely!!! Plus that dress is gorgeous!!
Post a Comment