
Please excuse the streaky mirror situation . . and the fact that I'm not all made up with my hair done in the photo. I was just dying to show you my new David Meister gown for my date on Saturday night with S! I can't believe I own anything with a size six on the tag, much less fit into and feel wonderful in a dress like this. Oh, what a difference 2 1/4 years makes.
October 31, 2008 vs. January 12, 2011
Have I told you lately how much I love my band? Have I mentioned how grateful I am that I get to really enjoy my life now on a level that I didn't even know was possible? I hope I've at least said how incredibly lucky I feel to get to live my life in a body that I like and that is strong, healthy and comfortable -- and to be free from the food prison. Looking at these photos reminds me of how far I've come. But it's been -- and continues to be -- a really enjoyable journey. I don't regret -- or even care about -- a single change that I've had to make to make the band work. It's been a fascinating, fulfilling and wonderful process and has brought so many wonderful and amazing people -- including everyone reading this post -- into my life. Words alone can't express how much gratitude I feel.

47 comments:
It's a WOW dress! Truthfully and honestly...it's beautiful and understated and it suits you.
Thank you Catherine for your affirmations and your blog. Yours was the first lap band blog I read. Whenever I get discouraged, I look you up.
http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com/
OMG - you look so beautiful and so happy! I've really enjoyed reading your blog! I think that your words are perfect. I feel the same way and I'm not even at goal yet. Every day I am in awe of the band. Congratulations on your success and the exciting new beau! Looking forward to reading about the date!
Gorgeous! I can't wait to hear about the date!
You look AmAzInG!!!
Catherine you were the main reason I started blogging! You're such an inspiration! Thank you so much for allowing all of us to have a glimpse into all that is YOU! =)
Stunning!!!
That dress is gorgeous! and although you did look beautiful and curvaceous in the before you look stupendous now! I hope your date is wonderful!
xxxooo
You are sooooooooooo inspirational/pretty! Thanks for always showing us how AWESOME the band is!!!
Woot Woot....incredibily sexy lady...that dress is wonderful on you...and I am sure you are going to knock S's socks off....have an awesome time and and looking forward to hearing about it!
Simply stunning! I love it and you look fantastic (even if you're not all made up). Can't wait to hear about the date! :)
Wow! You are going to stop traffic. It looks great! You look great!
Catherine, you look amazing, I hope you have a wonderful time!
Wow!! You look gorgeous!!! Your gonna knock his socks off on saturday...have fun and I look forward to hearing about it :)
hmmm....Steve? I was hoping that was what "S" stood for. My wish is that your Steve brings you lots of happiness and smiles like my Steve brings me!
Now, the dress...what do you say? You look gorgeous in it and so happy! I cant wait to see pics from the night of the date when you are all made up with hair and make-up! You deserve that size 6 dress Catherine, but more importantly, you wear it well my dear!
wow you look amazing!!!
wowzers.... where is this date? certainly not looking like it's a pizza and movie kinda thing!!! You MUST take and post pics again when you have your hair and makeup done.
btw - i still think you were GORGEOUS back in October 2008 :)
You. Look. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing. CONFIDENT!!! Have a great time Saturday - he's not going to know what hit him!!!
VaVaVoom!
You are so gorgeous. We need a serious catch up!!! xoxo
Hi Catherine,
I am a newbie to your blog and am in the process of getting ready for lap band surgery this spring. You are such an inspiration to me as I begin my journey. And because of you, I have started blogging myself. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. You are going to knock S's socks off . . .the dress is gorgeous! Have fun! And please keep us updated.
PS--If you ever have a lap banders meet-up coming up, please let us know. I am in the Boston area, but a short train ride from New Haven makes Manhattan a doable day trip. :-)
Lovely! Have a great time on Saturday.
You really do look like a celeb in this dress! Have I seen you on Perez Hilton lately??? ;)
You look absolutely fabulous and it sounds like you are in for a magical evening!
I agree with Rachel's comment above - yours was the first blog I read and now I have reread your early stage that I am in now. Http://diaryofalapbandmom.blogspot.com
You look so incredibly stunning! You hardly look like the same person anymore! Your blog always brings me such encouragement and inspiration. I hope you have a wonderful time Saturday night
I hope you have a wonderful time on your date. You look marvelous!
SMOKE'N! You are such a lapband goddess!
Speechless!
Very Nice!!! I too can't wait to hear about the date ;-)
LOOOOOOOOOK AT YOU SEXAAAY!!!! I Love that dress it looks fantastic on you! you are amazing.
You are just absolutely beautiful. inside and out.
YOU LOOK GREAT IN THAT DRESS AND VERY CURVY ;)
Excuse me while I pick my jaw off of the floor!
Gorgeous, sexy and did I mention...GORGEOUS.
Have a blast on your date.
Two words..."rock star"
Phenom...stunning!
GORGEOUS!! I feel the exact same way as you xo
How incredible you look in that dress. You're definitely going to knock his socks off!
You look amazing!!
I love reading your blog. I read it beginning to end before I got my band, 12-30-10. You are so honest and inspirational. Congratulations on your awesome success, and S too!! Have a magical weekend!
C, you're a sweetheart!
It sounds like I need that book!
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! You are beautiful
Tracy
bandedadventures.blogspot.com
I know that I don't post comments on your blog often, but I want to say Thank You! Today, I really needed to read and see your comments and photos, for inspiration. I was banded in Aug, 2010 and have lost 41lbs so far; but lately have been feeling such terrible temptations to eat bad food! But, after reading your blog, I feel much better. :)
Thanks Nora
By the way, You Look Great in that dress!
42 comments would normally make me not post cuz it's all been said...but I want to say it too. You look amazing!
Catherine - have a magical night tonight! It is almost here...
That dress looks amazing on you! Have a great time tonight and enjoy that hot little body you have worked so hard for. S is a very luck guy!
Love, love, love the dress! I hope you had a great time, can't wait to hear about it! <3
Omg, you look BEAUTIFUL!!! You are an inspiration!!
Post a Comment