Did any of you ever read that book? Kissing in Manhattan by David Schnickler? There is a great quote from it that some friends of mine used in their wedding invitation: "It can happen like that sometimes. The city can tilt its hand and let two people fall for each other...."Honestly, the book was OK, but the quote has stayed with me for years. And, now that I've been engaging in a substantial amount of kissing and general schmoop-i-fying in Manhattan, I'm reminded of it once again. :) If you're thinking from this that things are going well with S, you are absolutely right! We've been spending a lot of time together, both with friends and without. Next weekend, we're doing a trip back up to his family's house in the Adirondacks with a group of friends that will include Marjorie, two other friends, and one of S's cousins (divorced guy, about our age) and his cousin's two boys, ages 7 and 9. And tonight, he's coming over to cook a Valentine's Dinner for me. I am psyched.
I love it that I've been able to be open with him about my band surgery, so I don't have to make excuses for what I eat, so that he can purpously make me a small band-appropriate plate when we're having dinner with friends (like we did on Saturday), so that he's taken the trouble to ask me what I can and would like to eat before he cooks tonight, etc. Also, he's just so darned appreciative of the work I've done with my band... and in the gym, which really makes me feel fantastic.
So, I'm in a celebratory mood today! Just wanted to wish all of you a very happy Valentine's Day, and send you best wishes for much love, happiness and success. xoxo

18 comments:
Love you buttercup!
Oooo, S is cooking dinner for you? Sounds romantic! Enjoy! You deserve it!
Happy Valentines day love! So happy you're so happy!
Happy Valentine's Day. I am so happy for you! You deserve this!!
Happy VDay! Sounds lovely!!! Post pics of your outfit for tonight!
Sounds like you're going to have a superb Valentine's Day and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Have fun!
Aaaaah NEW LOVE!!
Happy Valentines Day!
trips, meeting family, and romantic dinners? It sounds like you are falling in love, and what a wonderful thing it is. <3 Happy Valentines Day!
Happy V-Day, Catherine!
Have fun tonight and he sounds pretty awesome. I'm so happy you've found a great relationship where you can be so open.
Happy Valentines Day Cupcake...enjoy your dinner tonight.
Happy Valentne's day! Enjoy your self...How thoughtful! Love to you dear and happy day, happy year, and all of those that follow! Love you, Mom.
reviewed the note..Should read "How thoughtful of S to plan and prepare a dinner for you! I like this man!
So happy you are so happy.
So happy you found a valentine sweetie! I love a good love story! Even with a broken heart!
So very happy for you! This is your time! After all the cooking that you have done for people it must have been fabulous to have someone doing it for you.
Great sign that you are so comfortable and open/honest with him.
Would love to meet you. Let me know if you can meet up in NYC for a drink/coffee. Will be there a lot over the next few weeks.
So very happy for you my friend!!!
Wow! You are livin' the dream, girl! I couldn't be happier for you!
Post a Comment