Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quick Note and Some More Paris Pics!

This completely cracked us up... and horrified us at the same time!
Jersey Shore has come to France... touted as La Creme de La Creme Solaire
(The cream of the suntan lotion...)
Man.. I have got to get my juggling act under control. During the recession, work was much less busy and I didn't have a boyfriend. Now that things have picked up on the love and work fronts, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to do everything I want to do. Sometimes my workout schedule suffers, and most often, my personal "down time" suffers... hence my lack of blog posts in 2011...

Last night, I stayed home by myself -- just what I needed! I didn't go to the gym, I didn't answer the phone, and I didn't run any errands once I got home. I just put on my pjs and had a hot date with my poor, neglected DVR. I caught up on Glee, 30 Rock and Gossip Girl (with my cat stretched across my lap, no less), and it felt just wonderful to zone out and do nothing!

Don't get me wrong -- I don't want to do this every night. But, once in a while, it's a really nice break. I have spin tomorrow, the Philharmonic on Wednesday, a baby shower on Thursday, a black tie benefit/casino night on Friday, and a birthday party on Saturday night. It's so easy to have every free second planned up, and I really enjoy the things that I do. But, once in a while, it's just nice to veg out and watch some TV at home!

I also wanted to share a few more photos from the Paris trip. Did anyone see Banksy's documentary, Exit Through the Gift Shop? It's a great documentary about graffiti artists, and one guy in particular. In the movie, they talk about a guy from France called "Invader," who put up all these mosaics of Space Invader characters all over Paris. I found one in the Marais.... (look way up on the wall where I'm pointing)...


Me & Marjorie at the bar at the George V Hotel. What a heavenly spot!!
Me at the Guerlain flagship on the Champs Elysee
I THINK this is my favorite photo from the trip....

Cool post detail at the Place de la Concorde.... where Marie Antoinette lost her head...

11 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Fun pics! I remember having high tea at the George V a few years back...glad you had a great time! :)

MB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MB said...

Love the pics! I never saw that documentary...sounds cool. And it is neat that you found a Space Invader. They remind me of times with the Atari when I was a kid. :)

Theresa said...

I can't wait to show that pic to my kids, they have watched that documentary thousands of times! Love all the pics and I so agree, sometimes a girl just need to chill!

MandaPanda said...

Great pics!

I'm so jealous of how much you have going on. My life is like one long veg-fest...outside of the whole wife, mother, work thing...

Marie said...

Ahhhh....Paris! It's in my blood. Love the pictures and so glad you had a great time.
I love my downtime too and I'm not even working! I don't know how I did it when I was!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love these pics and love that you had some much deserved down time.

Gen said...

LOL just wait till you add kids into the mix. :) Goodbye to most of the personal stuff, hello to a whole new list of stuff to do!

Last night I came home to piles of dishes, laundry, and who knows what else after working all day and driving kids around all afternoon. It was my "day" to go running but I finally had to throw in the towel and say NO I just need to veg out. So I did! I felt guilty but down time is important!

DiZneDiVa said...

I am glad you are enjoying a fun-filled life... but also thrilled you gave yourself a break and vegged out... I am a GLEEK as well. My George is taking me to the GLEE Live show here in Philly next month. It's gonna be a blast. *M*

Steph said...

Sometimes we all need a little time to ourselves to do nothing...I'm glad you got to relax!! I love the pictures!

Dinnerland said...

Love the Paris pix. Life balance is always a trick, and an elusive goal-- keep working at it and let me know when you've got it all figured out.
:-)
Until then, enjoy the insanity!