Friday, September 23, 2011

WHEW!

I have good news!! I heard from my doctor's office yesterday afternoon, and the CAT Scan didn't show anything wrong with me. They looked at the whole thing, and my stomach, esophagus, ovaries, etc. all look good, and there was no fluid collected in my abdomen. WHEW!!!!
It seems that this may just have been a pulled muscle. Thank God!! Funny enough, yesterday is the first day in a week that I woke up feeling good, without any pain. Maybe the CAT Scan has medicinal effects?? Maybe the thing that was wrong was in my intestines and the barium (er, sorry.... gross) flushed it out?? Who knows? Not me, and not my doctor.

Regardless, I'm glad that I got in to the doctor for the scan -- even if choking down a quart of barium (seriously, it was so much .. and it was just SO SO SO gross) was one of the most unpleasant things I've done in recent memory. It's just comforting to know that they were able to take a look at my guts (!) and see that all is well.

Thanks for all of your concern and well-wishes!! Am so happy to report that this seems to have been less serious than anticipated!

23 comments:

Theresa said...

So glad to hear that!!

Melissa Wolf said...

I know your feeling of relief...so glad you're in the clear and feeling better!

Nora said...

Woohoo, Catherine! So happy to see that your scare was just that- a scare. Enjoy the weekend:)

trishajo said...

great news!! glad you're ok!!

Kristin said...

That is wonderful news! I am sure you will be able to relax a little easier now, and get back to working out!

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago!

Lap Band Gal said...

yay! That IS great news! :)

speck said...

That's great news! And now you know you've had a good check up on other things as well so that's great.

Happy for you.

Joey said...

Whew is RIGHT! Selfishly, I was worried it might interfere with your upcoming trip! (so selfish)

Kristin said...

Excellent news! Glad you're feeling better too.

MandaPanda said...

So glad everything turned out OK!

CC said...

good to hear!
i'm with joey in hoping it wouldn't interfere with the trip xoxo

Linda said...

So, so glad you're OK. We all want to see you next week.

Camille said...

A therapeutic CAT scan! It happens all the time. Great news!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Woohooo - see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great news! Can't wait to see you!

Nicole said...

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to give you a huge hug Friday xo

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Glad it came out fine! I have a similar pain that has been going on for over a month. I read your earlier post and I can feel something there too. However, surgeon says is it not band related and PCP says it is so basically no one will address it. It comes and goes so I am not overly concerned.
Have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

Whew! That's fantastic news. What a relief. Now you can enjoy the weekend worry free and hopefully pain-free. :-)

Dinnerland said...

I'm so relieved for you-- I wanted to comment yesterday, but I never sign in during the week at the 'place i go.'
Happy!!

Marie said...

So glad you are okay. It's always a relief when you get the okay from your doctor.
Party on!!!

Christine said...

Yay! Congrats!
(And OMG that barium stuff is the nastiest!)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Darlin1 said...

I've been thinking about....soooo glad it was nussing....and doesn't it make you feel even better to know everything looks good inside and out?

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are OK