Halloween weekend this year was a blast! We got a bunch of friends together for a dinner party at another friend's costumes, then hit several parties afterwards. Steve and I dressed up like Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad (OMG .. and what a seriously scary mask!!) wolf!
Ahhhhhhhh! One of the great NSV pleasures of banded life!! Getting to wear a cute, sexy costume on Halloween!! I loved that costume! And you can bet that I wasn't going to wear this in 2008! Here is a comparison shot from me, about a month post-surgery vs. last weekend.
I was in charge of dessert for the dinner party, so I went all out.... I made a pumpkin creme brulee that I've made in the past and absolutely love. And... I made the pumpkin cheesecake recipe from this month's Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe called for me to make homemade gingersnaps (Yum! You can see the extras on the table) and to grind them in a foodprocessor to make the crumbs for the crust. It was really good, and a big hit!
The desserts!
Marjorie as Holly Golighty -- great costume!!
Party action shot!
Getting our group outfitted in snow boots, coats, umbrellas, etc. to trek to the next party in the snow! Can you even believe it was snowing here in October?!?
That's all for now! I hope that all of you had a great Halloween!

12 comments:
LOve the Costume! You looked great!
You look so cute!! That mask is horrible. I can't believe Steve wore that. I would have freaked out. I hate all things scary.
You are beautiful and what an amazing transformation since 08!!!!
Glad you had such a marvelous time!
OMG, homemade gingersnaps! You look amazing!
Love it! You looked great.
I love your friends Holly Golightly costume. Perfect...Steve must have been hating life will all that fur, but I'm glad you had fun.
Great costume, you look fantastic!
Such a cute costume! Of course I *know* that you lost a lot of weight, but it is easy to forget what a difference losing that weight has made in your appearance. You were very pretty before, but now you are pretty and hot!:)
Great costume! I loved seeing the before and now shots!!
Sexy lady! Looks like a fabulous time!
Love the costume! You look soooo pretty!
You look adorable... as always. i love couple's costumes.
Post a Comment