Monday, November 7, 2011

What I'm Eating...

Steve and I recently tried out a recipe from this month's B0n A-pp-e-t-i-t Magazine... Seared Salmon with Pumpkin Seed Cilantro Pesto. And man oh man, is it good!! In fact, it's so good that I made it for a second time on Saturday night, then cooked up another filet for us to take to work today with the remaining pesto, saffron rice and steamed snap peas. YUM.


I had a great weekend. My mom was in town and met with her boyfriend on Saturday evening (when his flight got in) to start their vacation. So, we had a nice time together on Friday night and Saturday day, and then I saw them for brunch on Sunday. Steve was with his parents this weekend, and my other friends were going to a black tie event that I opted out of, so I got a weekend night at home all to myself. A rare pleasure!!


I cooked, baked some goat cheese tarts from scratch (also, yummy) and watched the movie Bad Teacher, which was hilarious. I also was able to get to yoga on Saturday and spin on Sunday, which was great. Now, with an extra hour of sleep, I'm ready to kick some A today! :)

13 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so glad you had a good time with your Mom :) That salmon looks really good as well!

Rhonda said...

That recipe sounds excellent! I need to look it up. Thanks for sharing the picture. :)

Glad you got some time to yourself this weekend, I find that that's super important for my sanity.

Christine said...

Share the recipe! That sounds delicious!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Darlin1 said...

Looks yummy!

Theresa said...

Yum, glad you had a relaxing weekend!

Amanda said...

Goodness that recipe sounds amazing! I';ll have to look it up! I know my husband would like it too!

tagyourit said...

That looks amazing. I am going to have to try it!

MandaPanda said...

Looks delish and sounds like a great, laid back weekend!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Catching up!!!

Yum...and I'm so jealous of your gourmet cooking skills!

Happy Belated Bandiversary!!! You know you're my inspiration, so make this year the best yet...so many happy things happening for you now!

LOVE, love love the halloween costume!!

Unknown said...

Love your blog Catherine!
Hope you'll let your followers know about Wear-n-Share, a new online resale shop especially for the rapid weight loss community.
Our goal is to help others save money on their clothing expenses (which really add up as you're losing the pounds--sometimes several sizes in a month!).
Members join for free for the next 120 days at www.wearnsharellc.com.
We've had amazing response since we launched in October! We hope you'll help us spread the word.
Thanks!
Rosanne
akaSpexyLady

Nora said...

Hey Catherine- glad you got to spend some time with your mom. Oh, and I am SO having you cook me dinner one day:)

Dani said...

Oh,that looks good, you always have the best foodie pictures,keep it up:)

Sam said...

That meal looks very yummy :o)