Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Word for 2012

I finally got caught up on my blog reading tonight and saw that many of you are picking a word to represent the coming year. For me, that word is "STRONG." What I want in 2012 is to be physically stronger, and to strengthen my skills at w*rk, to be strong in my resolve to act and live according to my personal code of conduct, and to show strength in the face of the many different types of challenges I will face during this year.

Right now, I'm recuperating from some kind of injury to my IT band in my right leg. It's just waaay too tight and is actually a bit painful at times. I am sure it occurred because I've been spinning so often in the past many months and overdid it. So, I am trying to give it a bit of a rest and will check in with a sports medicine doctor I have seen before who specializes in this type of thing. In the interim, I am NOT going to use this as an excuse to sit on my bee-hind, instead of getting some exercise. Instead, I'm committing to do yoga (and any other exercise I like that my doctor will allow) during my time away from spin.

I am NOT going back. I don't even want five extra pounds on me at this point. I have come too far and worked too hard to get where I am. I will not go back. I'm going to cut out some of the cr*p I enjoy.... like an extra glass or two of wine during the week... and cookies... and will get on the scale every morning to monitor how I'm doing. Period. LA FORCE!!!

14 comments:

o.c. bandster said...

good word choice...I think it fits you perfectly.

Kristin said...

You are so strong, so this fits! You will also SHINE this year! I think that is another great word for you my dear!

I certainly hope your injury heals quickly!

MandaPanda said...

I have no doubt that you'll do all these things. I hope your leg feels better soon and I applaud you not letting the injury keep you down. You are woman! Hear you roar!!!

Dawnya said...

Go Catherine!!!

Rhonda said...

Great word - suits you! :)

Perry Joyce said...

I really, truly admire people who set out to be STRONG as opposed to just skinny, small, slender, etc. There are so many aspects to finally feeling comfortable in your own skin and strength (both physical and mental) is, in my opinion, the most important. Good luck!

Beth Ann said...

I like it!

Sam said...

Your word is perfect for you :o) and i am sure you will stay strong while you work through the injury!

Hope your leg feels better soon!

Darlin1 said...

Yep.....I can see that word for you!

Camille said...

Yoga is great for the IT!! At least that's what my instructor told me. Way to stay in the game. You're my hero!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Great work to represent your goals and and your fortitude! Its so easy to allow an injury to be the excuse to slack off. You definitely living STRONG!

speck said...

I tagged you on my blog Catherine.

BandedThisWay said...

I spent yesterday and today reading through your archives. You've given me such a great glimpse of what I might expect - it's really helping as I'm sitting here getting frustrated with the shakes! (Almost one week out.) I even started my own blog to see if I can look back over my journey the same way.

Inspiration said...

CATHERINE! I have been thinking of you as I have been away from blogland for quite some time. You still look fabulous and tell your Mom I said hello and am happy to hear the mass was benign. My best to you and your family in 2012!