Friday, March 2, 2012

A Telephone Tickle

Soooooo.... last night, at around 8 p.m., I was at the office and texting with Steve to figure out our plans. At one point, I texted him to call me on my work phone. My phone rang a few seconds later, showing his area code on the phone.

Me: Hello, Darling!!
Other person: HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAAAA!! That's the most cordial greeting I've ever had from an adversary!!

Um, yeah.... It wasn't Steve!! It was my opposing counsel on a very contentious matter!! We both had a good laugh, and it actually set a great tone for the call.... and we wound up settling the dispute. Too too funny. I was 10 shades of red for a good while though.... :)

9 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Too funny. I get stuck in those situations too. I'm good at blushing :)

Jessica said...

Thats great!

Rhonda said...

Hehehehe... love it.

MandaPanda said...

Very nice! And it broke the ice as an added bonus :)

Sarah said...

Oh dear. At least you did it on the telephone and not in person. Once I was in the Tate Modern and put my head on my ex's shoulder. Only to then see him looking at me from across the room. He and the guy who's shoulder it was, thought it was hysterical.

Chubby B said...

hahahaha, I would have probably hung up!

Anonymous said...

The is too funny. I am sure it caught you off gaurd but maybe it set things up so you were able to settle.....

Kristin said...

Hey at least it got you talking and you settled things!!

It is a funny story!

Tina said...

Well it kind of sounds like you should answer the phone like that more often :) It obviously worked for you :)


xxxooo