
I got back last night from the best weekend ever! Steve and I had decided last weekend to take off work on Friday and to head out to Block Island, Rhode Island. I'd never been, and absoluely loved that charming, beautiful place!
And, adding to the wonderfulness of the whole weekend . . . STEVE PROPOSED ON FRIDAY!!! :) :) I am so incredibly happy and excited to know that I am going to get to marry this wonderful, caring, thoughtful, loving, fun and ridiculously attractive man!!
Steve somehow managed to keep a bottle of Veuve Clicot not only hidden, but chilled! I love that man!!

More details to follow! I just wanted to share the news! We're keeping the happy news under wraps until we can personally tell our families and most of our friends, but I thought it would be safe to share it here!
At dinner the night of our engagement. I'm totally red from smiling so big and crying tears of joy!!
Addendum: I just realized that this very happy development will round out me completing
my list of doing every single thing I was looking forward to about losing weight with the band. Assuming all goes well between now and then (and I don't have any reason to believe it won't), I'm going to get to look fit and trim at my wedding!
68 comments:
I read your blog all the time, and want to congratulate you on your engagement! It has been wonderful to see you celebrate your accomplishments. I wish you all the best in your future together.
Your guy wears casual collared shirts so well! :-)
I am so happy for you...you look so happy!Congrats!!!!!
Congrats! How exciting!
I am so freaking happy for you I cannot tell you! I was afraid he would not ever get around to it....LOL! I am so glad that he also realized what a wonderful, talented, beautiful inside and out woman he has been spending so much time with.
I am sure you both will enjoy all that life has to offer from here on out!
It is so exciting Catherine, I am thrilled for you!
Hugs
Congratulations Catherine! I'm thrilled for you and Steve. You will be such a beautiful bride.
SO happy for you! Congratulations!!!! You look beautiful and happy. And love the beard on your man. ;) Happy wedding planning! Yay!!!!!
I am soooo thrilled for you!!!! Can't wait to hear the details. No one deserves it more than you!
WHOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear all of the details. Congrats
So very happy to hear the news. You are radiant..You've met a wonderful man and I am truly happy for the both of you. Now hopefully you will eventually share all the details of planning the wedding!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you :)
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. This is wonderful news.
So very happy for you! Congrats to you both.
Woooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so happy for you both!
Congratulations, Catherine! This is so wonderful! I know you are going to have the most beautiful wedding ever...with the most beautiful bride, of course!!!!
Hooray!! What a lovely picture of the two of you - you both look so happy!
Congratulations! I'm soooooo happy for you both.
I love your hair on the blonder..lighter side!
xo
Oh Catherine... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am just thrilled for you... I have been waiting for that news, so can't wait to hear the details that you choose to share! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!
Fantastic news!! I'm so excited for you and wish all the best! YAY!!!!!
Woopie! I am so very happy for you both. I know you will be absolutely beautiful and Steve will make a wonderful husband. Congrats to you both may all of your dreams come true! Love the photos and the glow in both of your faces!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!
Oh yay!!!!!!! I'm so delighted for you! What a lucky guy! Have fun wedding planning!
Congratulations Catherine!!! That is VERY exciting. I am so happy for you. Really, reading this made my day :) I can't wait to read about the wedding plans! :)
I stumbled across your blog about a week or so ago and read the entire thing from start to finish. When I got to work this morning, I was thinking - hmmm...I wonder if Steve proposed. So happy to see he did! Congrats!!
Oh Catherine!! This just gave me goosebumps!! I am SO INSANELY HAPPY FOR YOU!! I wish you and Steve all the happiness in the world.... you're such an amazing woman and you've seem to of found your Knight!! =) CONGRATS!! =)
HOORAY!!! Congratulations!! I am over-the-moon-so excited for you!! You are going to be a gorgeous bride! Please keep us in the loop on all your wedding plans. Check out pinterest . . .it was fabulous for helping us plan ours. Best wishes!!
Congrats!! You deserve so much happiness !! So happy for you!!
Oh wow! I'm so incredibly happy for you! Congratulations to you both! What an exciting time for you :)
So excited & happy for you! Congratulations!
I am truly happy for you!! I can't wait for wedding plan blogs!!
Congratulations. You look absolutely beautiful in your pictures!
So exciting!!!! Good for you, can't wait to hear the details!
Yay! Congratulations! I am thrilled for you. Have fun telling everyone and celebrating. xx
All I have to say is "What took him so long?" I am so happy for both of you. He is one lucky guy!
Congratulations!!! So excited for you. May you live happily ever after in your wonderful story.
Congratulations!!! I've been waiting for this post for months! You both look so happy!!!!
OMG! You've got me all goose bumpy! Can I tell you that of all the pictures I have seen of the two of you---there's something so joyous about the ones you have posted today. There's a relaxed, quiet tanquility that just radiates from the both of you!
Be forever and ever happy!
Looking forward to all the happy and exciting posts from this day forward!
Congrats to you both!
Onward!
Judi
Congratulations! I've been waiting for this announcement and am so happy for both of you.
Congratulations!
Such exciting news and what a wonderful way to begin a life of love and joy together.
That is fantastic news! Congratulations! I am getting married in the fall and had my first dress trials last weekend. The experience was so much better than it would have been pre band. I'm looking forward to
reading about your wedding plans, you'll be a beautiful bride.
OMG OMG OMG! I'm going to pee my pants I'm so excited!!!!
Congrats! That is awesome news and you both look so happy!
Well look what you have to do to get 42 damn comments! Congrats my friend. Can I sing at your wedding? I can't sing...but I will do it anyways. I will write you something original and bring my tamborine. I am so happy for you. I have been waiting for this to happen...Peter Pan Sucktastic is a thing of the past and now you have someone who loves you and wants to spend the rest of their life with you. You deserve nothing but happiness! You will be a beautiful bride. xoxo
And seriously...no picture of the ring? I am gay now and live in Florida so I will never get to be married! I live through you heteros!
I am so happy for you!!! I was so hoping this was coming soon :)
We need to have brunch soon so I can gush over that ring!!!
Ohmygod! Ohmygod! Ohmygod! I've been waiting for this post for awhile now and it's even MORE exciting than I expected! So happy for you two. :-)
Congratulations!!!
Congrats! You two are such a beautiful couple!
Girl I am SOOOOO excited for you! Congrats to you and your lovely husband to be! You are going to be a stunning bride!! xxx
Congratulations!!! So happy to hear the news. Hope all your dreams come true.
Congrats!!! That is so fabulous! What a great guy!
youre closing in on the perfect ending. congratulations!!
Awwwwh! We love you Catherine, I've been hoping and waiting for this news.
More details when you are free to share
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you. I'm almost in tears!
Hx
Catherine, I've lost your email address, you used to have mine, do please get in touch. (bandster@ntlworld.com)
And whooop whooop whooop!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!! I am so very excited and happy for you!!!!!
So happy for you! You are going to be a gorgeous bride!!!
AWESOMEEEEE CONGRATS!!
Yeah!!!
massive Congrats xx
Congratulations! Wonderful news!!!!
Congratulations gorgeous. I told you this would be your year.
AWESOME!! Congrats!! ;-)
Congrats! You deserve happiness and much more! And I'm totally laughing at Debs comment "Your guy wears casual collared shirts so well!" Hahaha! Its funny because its true! What a hottie. I cannot WAIT to see pics of you in your wedding dress!
And where is the picture of the ring? You ALWAYS post so many pictures, how could you leave me hanging on the ring picture?? Did he pick it out? Or maybe you don't have it yet because he wanted you to pick it out? My lovebug proposed with a very stylish and cute band and then took me ring shopping after I said yes to let me have a say in the ring :)
Hey C- Congratulations!!!
I will email you too- since I'm locked out of my blog, you can now find me (Dinnerland) at:
http://jumpbackdoitagain.blogspot.com/
All the best!
Congrats I am so happy for you!
Catherine... I am so happy for you!
Wow, Catherine! I am beyond thrilled for you. You deserve the best and it sounds like you've really found HIM!
I feel like I've just read the final chapter of a great book and am totally happy and satisfied for the protagonist! The truth, though, is that this book has many, many more chapters to come and they will all be better than the last. Congratulations again, dear!
I am SO behind on blogging and commenting and reading up on everyones lives. I just saw you were engaged and I am SO SO SO Happy for you!!! I am in the middle of planning my wedding - which is really keeping me busy!! You are going to make one gorgeous bride :)
Post a Comment