Friday, June 19, 2015

Getting there....

OK!  I'm making some progress.  The scale has been at 158.8 for the past two days, which tells me that's a real number.  When I see 157, I'll feel a lot better because that's in my safety-bounce zone from my goal weight of 155.  That said, I'm not stopping until I'm back at 155.

To get back to goal, I've been doing a few things.  One of the most important changes I make when I'm trying to lose weight is that I stop doing carbs at breakfast.  That's right... no buttered roll from the donut cart guy.... which is a treat I might otherwise let myself have once a week.  Instead, I have one of these delicious lowfat Dannon yogurts.  I don't go nonfat because it doesn't taste as good and isn't as filling.  This isn't a hardship because I freaking love this yogurt, but admittedly, I'm generally famished by the time my lunch gets here.

Sorry Mr. Donut Cart!  No order for you!
For lunch and dinner, I've been staying away from meat and have mainly been eating fish.  I'm not doing that as much for calorie reasons as because I've noticed that I feel better (lighter, not sluggish) after I eat fish than I do after I eat pork or beef... and I don't really like chicken that much, especially post-band when dry chicken can be really hard to eat.

I'm ordering from the smug-healthy place again today.  I ordered chipotle glazed shrimp, braised Mediterranean style artichoke hearts and brown rice, with slow-cooked apples and pears for dessert.  I think we all know that I'm secretly hoping they put another Butterfinger in with my order....  :)

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

Yeah. For realz. It sucks you gained weight but it does mean you are posting more! lol. That's good for us! I am interested in finding out if you get another candy bar. I wonder if it will be the same delivery person. Maybe they were flirting with you? I just need to know. Can you even order candy bars from the smug place? I wish I liked yogurt. I can't do it. I also do not like fish. Damn it.

MandaPanda said...

It's interesting to read how you're maintaining and addressing these gains early before they get out of control. I wish I would've done that. Keep it up!

Amanda Kiska said...

I'm also enjoying the regular posts! Fingers crossed for the Butterfinger.