Saturday, February 21, 2009

Parties, Exes & PBing. . .

A while ago, I mentioned that I was going to have to see my ex-boyfriend at the engagement party of our mutual friends. This is the guy who I was totally in love with, but broke up with because after 2+ fantastic years together, he still didn't know when/if he'd ever be ready to get married. Turns out that my FB (former boyfriend) extended his Peter Pan Avoidance Tour (read: multi-month post-breakup vacation), so he was not at the party, which took place on Thursday.

It was a nice party and I enjoyed seeing everyone. Yet, on some levels it was a bummer, mainly because it just reminded me of the breakup. A small consolation was that I hadn't seen a bunch of FB's friends since before my surgery, so at least I felt good knowing that I looked better than I did the last time I saw them.

The party was at a very cute Spanish restaurant and we had a private room with nice wines and passed hors d'oeuvres. Unfortunately, I got totally stuck on the first thing I ate (a deviled egg -- which I thought I'd chewed very well. . ). I got that "I am going to throw up" feeling and headed for the bathroom. . . only to find out that it was a single room situation and someone was in there! I had a napkin in my hand and just stood there, praying that the person would get out before I threw up! Fortunately, the door opened just in the nick of time, and I was able to PB in privacy. Thank God. . . that is just so not what I wanted to project at that party!. . .

No comments: