7 years ago
Monday, February 2, 2009
Recipes to Share?
Another quick note while I'm talking about cooking. If anyone has good band-friendly recipes to share, I wanted to invite you to post them (or a link to the recipe) in the comments to this message. I'll try out any that sound good to me and will let you know how it goes (with photos if I'm really with it that day)! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I made an amazing black bean salad. Full of protein and great flavor. I can of black beans rinsed, one can of corn rinsed, olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro. It would probably be good with purple onion but I don't care for onions so I left it out of mine. I let it marinate and then I ate it on lettuce, warmed over a piece of chicken, in a wrap with goat cheese. My MIL at it with avocado which sounds great! I love this salad!
Whole wheat pasta (chewing well of course), chopped artichoke hearts, capers, cubed cooked chicken, olive oil and lemon juice. I use a very small amount of pasta since I can't eat much of it. I load up the bowl with chicken and the artichoke hearts. Its delish!
I posted this on my blog last week and am planning on making it again tonight:
Chicken Saute with Mushrooms
Olive oil cooking spray
1 pound chicken breast cutlets
3 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
1/2 packet artificial sweetener (Splenda or Sweet 'N Low)
1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat cooking spray until hot but not smoking. Saute chicken for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
2. Re-spray pan, add shallots and mushrooms, and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until tender. Pour in wine, increase heat to high, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and cook for 3-5 minutes, until reduced by half. Reduce heat to low and stir in yogurt and sweetener. Cook for about 2 minutes or until thick enough to coat spoon.
4. Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 180.81; Protein: 29.40g; Fat: 1.61g; Carbohydrates: 6.44g; Cholesterol: 66.40mg; Fiber 0.51g; Sodium: 230.26mg
The only thing I did different is I didn't use artificial sweetener. One GRAIN of the stuff and hubby can taste it. So instead I added 1/8 tsp sugar. I liked it very much, and I mixed my mushrooms, using regular button white, baby bellas, and shiitake.
Oh that Chicken and Mushrooms sounds so good! I'm going to try that for sure.
Post a Comment