Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boinggg Boingggg


So, the bouncing scale act continues. . . ever since I hit 71 down, my scale has been bouncing upward of that amount within a surprisingly big range of six pounds! Because I started out on an even 10 number, that means that this bounce has taken me from one 10 pound range into another. That's the worst bounce of all! When I first see that new number, I want to see it EVERY DAY!
-
This isn't as bad a bounce as the post-Onederland bounce, where one day you get a 1__, the next a 2__, but I still haven't been enjoying it! Fortunately, between boot camp and really watching what I'm eating this week, I'm back in the new 10 pound range this morning. Fingers crossed that I'm still there tomorrow! These last 3 pounds to my first big goal are going to be slow going to be sure. . .

15 comments:

MB said...

I think I'm straddling the same number ranges as you (with the same bouncy problem). Let's bounce out of this annoyingness forever!! :)

Catherine55 said...

Count me in for that, Bandita!! :)

Kristen said...

ahhh I'm right with you in this bouncing stage! I saw onederland last week, but since this weekend its only been 2's...so frustrating! We'll get there though!

Gilly said...

Catherine, I have a question for you, as someone who is so close to goal. Can you put your hand on your tummy and feel your port now?

g.

MandaPanda said...

The bouncing sure can be annoying but you'll make it!

Catherine55 said...

Gilly -- yes -- I've been able to feel my port for a long time. I can't see it (thankfully, it's not protruding at this point), but I can definitely feel it.

LDswims said...

Oh how frustrating. I can feel your pain, in some ways...but I also can only imagine. I am only dreaming of being in the realm of goal weight right now...and that dream is usurped by the present day reality of not even being banded. Hang in there...you've done all this so far...this, too, shall pass.

Banding Life said...

Hey Im feeling your pain too! I got down acouple of pounds yesterday, and then today i went up higher then i was the day before!
ARGH!

Angie Cummings said...

UGH IM SO THERE WITH YOU! 182.6 182.4 181.8 184.2 182.4 BAHHHH

Kristin said...

I'm bouncing right with you. Four and a half pounds! Brutal, brutal. Sounds like you're on a good path downward now with boot camp and your fill. Keep up your great work!

Anonymous said...

I think we have all caught the bouncing bug. I totally understand the frustration of seeing the smaller number and wanting to continue to see it

Girl Bandit said...

I too and bouncing but I refuse to believe the bigger number as I have seen the lower number too,,,,the toilet calls...IYGWIM???? Hang in there

Bandster said...

Hi Catherine, I've been thinking (and just blogged) about your question about the band statistics (only 50 - 60% of people lose weight).

You are a shining example of how to do it - keeping the rules, exercising and taking it slow and steady.

Can I ask what your new goal weight is? And how tall are you - 5'6"? You look great as you are - can't imagine your doctor wanting you to lose 30 pounds - that would make you a size zero :-)

Do you think your pb during your brunch date was due to the increased restriction? Or just one of these things? Are you finding the extra fill is making any difference?

Hx

Bandster said...

PS re the bouncing numbers, bouncing up and down is a lot better than the scales slowly creeping up :-)

Catherine55 said...

Sure H -- my inital goal weight was 155, but now I'm thinking of going to 145. I am 5'6.