Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Measuring up . . . at 70 down


At every 10 pound mark, I tend to take my measurements and do a contrast. In the first few posts like this, I was only counting the inches from my arms and legs once (despite that I do have two of each. . math never was my strong suit. . !), but here I've counted them both.

(Having trouble with the spacing. . hence the dots)

. . . . . . . From Start . . . . From 60 down

Hips: ......... 9.75 in. ...... 1.5 in.
Waist: ....... 8.5 in. ....... .5 in.
Chest: ........ 7 in ......... 2.5 in.
Forearms: .. 2.6 in. ....... .6 in.
Thighs: ..... 6.4 in. ...... .4 in
Wrists: ..... 1.7 in. ........ .2 in.
Ankles: ...... .6 in. ....... 0 in.
Calves: ....... 4 in. ........ 1 in.
Upper Arms: 4 in. ........... 1 in.
TOTAL: 44.55 in. ...... 7.7 in.

So crazy. . . I've lost 3.7 FEET. That is kind of shocking to me! Obviously, in a good way. . but shocking nonetheless. I do find it a little disconcerting that this last 10 pounds seems to have disproportionataly come off of my chest. . what is that all about?! Nonetheless, I went to Saks this weekend to get fitted for bras, and everything is still very proportional (and looks proportional to me), so I'm not freaking out about it. . .

Thanks for everyone's nice posts yesterday! I was on such a high all day from hitting 71, and your posts kept that great feeling going all day long!

Since I posted twice yesterday, I wonder if a lot of people didn't see the first one. Was curious to know what you thought about my blog outing. I'm also wondering how many other people who I know have stumbled across my blog and just haven't told me. Slightly disconcerting, but I'm going to do my best not to edit myself because of it.

Have a great day, everyone!!

16 comments:

Last Option Atty said...

WOW!!! Great stuff! And yes please try not toe dit yourself b/c of the "outing" like I said in the other post I can see how you feel b/c wls community is sort of a bibble and you have put yourself out there thinking it is in that bubble but it really is not! Is there a way to adjust your google alert? I think in the end it just shows a strong, beautiful, confident woman who took control of her life and is living it to the fullest in a healthy way! So in the end its a blessing to share your story!

Camille said...

I just can't get over how far you have come, and I can't wait to follow in your footsteps. I did read your post about being outed. I could see that being cringeworthy, but you have had such a positive result and been such a wonderful example to others that its all good.

LDswims said...

I have to admit your blog from yesterday DID make me want to edit some of my stuff - which I started doing last night. There are things I just should not be saying "out loud" and would not be worth the confrontation in the end, if they were ever discovered. Not likely, but I need to keep my mouth shut about certain things. I just came over here from LBT and over there felt safe being vocal but here, I do feel, exactly like your picture, a bit exposed...

Re: your inches, yeah, why is it that they come off the chest in big numbers? But I like your thinking - not to worry about it. If everything is proportional, that's what matters (at least it would matter most to me when I get there.)

Thanks for sharing!

LDswims said...

Catherine, may I link one your blog and one specific one from January '09 to a blog I'd like to write based on some information you shared? I wanted to ask before I just went ahead and did it. The blog I'm referencing is Skinny Girl Secrets and then I'm also just linking your blog. I have some interesting thoughts from what you shared and wanted to blog about it instead of commenting as that blog is over a year old now...

I am loving your blog, BTW. An interesting life, a great perspective, and great writing.

Judi said...

WOW, congrats to you! It's always great to stop by your blog and hear what you are up to and see how far you've come!
I have to tell you that your blog entry yesterday actually stuck with me....into my dreams! Yes, I dreamed that my boss found my blog and was reading it! In real life--I don't really think I say all that much negative stuff about work but in my dream, I did! How funny!
What a night mare! Thank God I woke up!!!
Onward Catherine!
Judi

Catherine55 said...

LDswims -- no problem -- fine to link to my blog. Thanks for asking!

Judi -- too funny about your dream! Glad it wasn't real.

I do avoid blogging ANYTHING about work -- that's one conscious decision I made early on -- and I think it's a good practice for all of us, in general! Better to save any venting on that level for another forum!

CC said...

3.7 feet?!?! that is awesomely crazy! :-) The Google thing definitely got me thinking. Sometimes I can be a little...slow...when it comes to computer "stuff" so I don't even know how to change it or even see if it needs to be changed! I did google myself and my blog was not listed anywhere, so I must be good right?

Kristen said...

How exciting!! Look at all those inches lost...I mean FEET lost!! You have done so well with this surgery and I cant wait to be in your same shoes down the road. Looking good girlfriend!

Kristin said...

Catherine, congratulations! You're doing beautifully!

Interesting question on the blogging. When I started, I decided I wasn't going to disclose *anything* about myself. I even at first only used my middle name. But I soon realized the vacuum approach wasn't going to work. So I use my first name and I have a picture of myself; anyone can probably figure out where I live. I've turned off the search functions to whatever extent I can, but it never would have occurred to me that if I mention something Google alerts would flag it. Yeesh!

It sounds like your friend handled your outing in the best possible way - he told you about it, congratulated you on your success and let it go. I'm sure it will be unnerving if and when someone I'm not expecting finds my blog. But hey we're putting it all out there, so I guess we can't be too shocked if a 'real-life' person finds it. My family knows I'm blogging but they haven't asked to read it, I think they (correctly) figured I'd give them the link if I wanted them to see it.

Theresa said...

It's funny to think about our blogs feeling as though they are somewhat private and protected even though they are wide open! My husband was asking me about my blog and I felt like I didn't even want him to see it. Strange. Anyway, I think your blog is sensational and that you don't ever say anything tasteless. I think your friend handled it well. It's a lesson for all of us though.
Tessie
"Band me Baby!"

Gen said...

That is awesome Catherine!!!! Way to go.

As for the boobs - hey most of that loss was back fat, right? That is what I try to tell myself....I am "only" 43 lbs down and shocked that I already went from a D to a C in bras....If I am only half way there, what will it be in another 40 pounds? A trip to the PS I suppose...

About the outing - I still don't get that. How did it happen if you have your settings the way you do? It freaked me out a little bit. I am tempted to edit out some stuff too.....But you handled it so well.

Catherine55 said...

Hey Gen! It seems like the rule I set only applies to Google searches. . but the Google Alerts pick up stuff from blogs, even if they would not appear in search results. Extremely lame that that is not made more clear!

As far as the bra thing. . it's so weird. The cup size has either stayed the same or gone up. . just the inches part has changed, so, I really am chalking it up to losing from all over my rib cage.

It's annoying though because I just bought some Chantelle bras (read: $70+ each) and already had to replace them with others. This is getting expensive!!

Girl Bandit said...

Congrats on the inches/ yards...amazing. I got the hebby jebby's when I saw your blog outing and googled myself but thank goodness by blog did not come up...scary isn't it?? I would feel kinda weird too

NeeNee LaRue said...

Fantastic progress!!!!

CeeJay said...

3 feet! That's crazy! So awesome to keep track of those things and celebrate every step forward. Yippee!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That is a GREAT loss! I wouldn't worry about the chest. You were probably losing slower there and now it decided to catch up!!!