So, here is a photo of me . . at the Vine Cliff vineyard in Yountville, CA, in September 2006. PP and I had taken a trip out there and had a wonderful time. We bought all of their remaining magnums of Vine Cliff's 2003 16 Rows, and the wine was SPECTACULAR. Seriously wonderful. We rented a convertible and spent two days driving around the vineyards. . most memorably dining at Bouchon and Bistro Jeanty . . though we never could get in to French Laundry. I felt amazing in this cute dress, and am so happy that it's not languishing at the back of my closet right now!!

Here is that dress on the beautiful Cindy, who had dropped 96 pounds with the help of her band as of the time this photo was taken!! I am so glad that this dress went to someone who looks so great in it!

You all may remember seeing the very adorable Mary in this dress that I sent her months and months ago! Meanwhile, Mary is now down 127 (!!!) pounds and is looking so incredible!! Well, this dress has left her and made it to one of my very favorite fellow bandsters. . . .the inimitable Amy, who is, as usual, rocking this frock with her own spectacular, signature style! Check out her blog for her cute pic and for . . well, lots of good info on others sharing clothing and some other good topics! :)

** Update** How cute is Amy in my jeans (which came to her via Mary)?! I am loving that outfit on her!

15 comments:
So cool! It's like a karma wheel of wonderfulness!
I think that it's such a great idea! Just sad that I live too far away to join the 'sisterhood' :-)
Wow the sisterhood truly is a amazing work in process!!!
how cool to see it traveling! you're the queen of the traveling clothes. the size pink 16 jcrew dress you sent me is finally zipping over my boobs, it'll be amazing to have in Cancun!
Angie, definitely send me a photo! I am sure that dress will look great on you! :)
LOVE sharing with the sisterhood. So exciting to know people are enjoying your clothes that you used to, We should sew are names in :)
Everyone loved my dress yesterday! They said "where did that come from"....I like to say..."Oh...New York City!" lol
I love the idea of the traveling clothes. I know my clothes will start traveling when I start losing...I should probably blog about that, eh?
I was super happy to pass that along I know how I was when I had NO CLOTHES that fit and I didnt want Amykins to be in that situation! Thanks again For sending it to me in the 1st place!
LOL@ Amy! I always said "its from my friend in Ny!
I love the Sisterhood! This is such a wonderful community, we are so lucky!
BTW, who do you have to kill to get in at French Laundry! Dan and I tried (and failed) a couple of years ago! One day, one day! <3
Hi Catherine,
I am thrilled to have found this blog community. I recently started following your blog. I am starting at the beginning of your journey as I get ready to embark on mine (in 9 days!). So I just wanted to say hi...
"Hi!"
- Joey
I love this post. What a special experience. How awesome!
The sisterhood is the best. I sent out my first package last month and it was awesome.
I hope you get to go back to CA and get to go to The French Laundry. My husband is in the wine industry and we got in a trip of his about 5 years ago. It was amazing.
I love how you US gals share the clothes....I have offered up a few things of my own for the gals in Oz but no takers yet. It is so great to see your dress helping so many others
The Sisterhood Rocks! Thanks again for passing the dress along! I love this way of sharing our accomplishment with other bandsters! I will certainly pass this dress on when the time comes :)
Cheers,
Cindy
Post a Comment